News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on April 16, 2020, 09:55:29 AM
All you Trump bucks guys, spend your money carefully. Steve Mnuchin says it's meant to bridge liquidity shortfalls of individuals for 10 weeks.

Mine went straight into savings. Doing my part for.... me! :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2020, 10:10:31 AM
Who exactly is it that is hurting so bad?  The WFH guys and the essentials are getting their regular pay checks; the people on UI are making out like bandits.

Who is supposed to eat cake?

Independent contractors aren't getting UI. I know at least three hair stylists who are getting nada from Mother Government. One just qualified for $150/month in food stamps, and that's it. No health insurance, no unemployment, no stimulus checks (in the case of two of them).

I think it's them that wants the cake.

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2020, 11:26:12 AM
I'm getting $743 a week (yay Washington UI...Max is $790). Add the $600 and I'm getting $1,343 to be unemployed.

Carter is getting $440 a week plus the $600. After taxes, he's netting $347 + $504 / week. That's $851/week, or $3404 / month, nearly all of which is going to be put into savings since right now his only bill is his cell phone.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I like the guy at the open Michigan protest with a surgical mask on.

While I understood why a Detroit Tigers fan might be filled with enough angst and rage to protest I don't know what the Yankees fans excuse is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: merithyn on April 16, 2020, 08:21:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2020, 10:10:31 AM
Who exactly is it that is hurting so bad?  The WFH guys and the essentials are getting their regular pay checks; the people on UI are making out like bandits.

Who is supposed to eat cake?

Independent contractors aren't getting UI. I know at least three hair stylists who are getting nada from Mother Government. One just qualified for $150/month in food stamps, and that's it. No health insurance, no unemployment, no stimulus checks (in the case of two of them).

I think it's them that wants the cake.
um part of the cares act is for self employed, freelancer and gig workers. Now I don't know how fast the state they are in will implement it (Alaska for example says 2-3 more weeks). But the people are eligible for the $600 + half of what ever the states weekly maximum) till July 31
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Monoriu

Those people in the pictures look scary  :ph34r:

celedhring

A demonstration with people carrying automatic rifles? That isn't scary at all, no sir.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on April 17, 2020, 02:44:25 AM
A demonstration with people carrying automatic rifles? That isn't scary at all, no sir.
2 AMENDMENT!!!!!1111one
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: celedhring on April 17, 2020, 02:44:25 AM

Automatic would mostly be illegal, even in Amerika.  Most likely they're semi-auto.

The Brain

Wait what? Lack of proper gun control would mean that thousands are killed every year. Surely that cannot be, since it would be monstrous human sacrifice and the US wouldn't deserve to exist.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

When I look at those fattish dudes walking around in pseudo-military gear with militaryisch weapons I imagine that they believe the crap about being some kind of militia. I've seen lots of memes in the vein of them seeing themselves the largest army in the world, making invasion of the US impossible and so on.

I would pay good money to see them do human wave attacks against a proper army with artillery and air support. From a distance mind you, shrapnel is dangerous. Fucking idiots.