And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2020, 03:09:08 AM
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus/index.html

Quote"We're going to put a hold on money spent to the WHO. We're going to put a very powerful hold on it," the President said in his briefing.

"They called it wrong. They missed the call. They could have called it months earlier," Trump said.

"It's a great thing if it works but when they call every shot wrong that's no good," he said, accusing the WHO of being biased towards China, which Republicans have accused of trying to cover up the virus.

:bleeding:

I need to disengage from US politics news. I can't deal with Trump's damaged brain and his sycophants anymore at this point.

It is possible to disengage from Trump speak and still look at US politics. I don't waste anytime with the random garbage generator that he is and still can learn about what is happening in my country.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The talk is just the cherry on top of the turd sundae. I find it easier to brush off or laugh at the "rhetoric" than the actual actions of the Trump and his cronies.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I stopped paying attention to anything Trump said only a few months into his presidency.  His speeches/Tweets might as well read like this:

"Pavement screwdriver chihuahua welcome cumulonimbus idealism passage box novel ajar coffee wireless commerce."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2020, 07:09:47 AM
"Pavement screwdriver chihuahua welcome cumulonimbus idealism passage box novel ajar coffee wireless commerce."

OK bmolson.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2020, 09:24:14 PM
The argument that Crozier didn't first use the chain of command is given to be a lie by the fact that Modly's own chief of staff contacted Crozier, gave him Modly's own hone number, and said, in essence, "ignore the chain of command from now on and contact the SecNav directly.  That's when Crozier realized he wasn't getting any help unless he let lots of people know he needed it.  In essence, he was saying that, if Modly was the solution, the problem was insolvable.  That's what Modly got pissed about.

Modly is such a putz.  You don't calm the waters by pouring flaming oil on it.

and Modly quit now
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on April 08, 2020, 08:04:14 AM
OK bmolson.
:lmfao:

Hopefully he's doing ok and hasn't had any encounters with pointy objects lately.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: HVC on April 08, 2020, 08:16:35 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2020, 09:24:14 PM
The argument that Crozier didn't first use the chain of command is given to be a lie by the fact that Modly's own chief of staff contacted Crozier, gave him Modly's own hone number, and said, in essence, "ignore the chain of command from now on and contact the SecNav directly.  That's when Crozier realized he wasn't getting any help unless he let lots of people know he needed it.  In essence, he was saying that, if Modly was the solution, the problem was insolvable.  That's what Modly got pissed about.

Modly is such a putz.  You don't calm the waters by pouring flaming oil on it.

and Modly quit now

He's served his purpose. If you're career military and want to keep your job, you'll toe the Trump party line.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Minsky Moment

I just realized who Modly reminded me of.  Conrad von Hoetzendorf.  It's the haircut I think.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 08, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
I just realized who Modly reminded me of.  Conrad von Hoetzendorf.  It's the haircut I think.

I bet Modly would have also sent the Second Army to Serbia :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

To paraphrase duffleblog, "Modly was last seen outlandishly questioning the sanity of anyone who would make an outlandish statement, knowing it would be leaked to the press.... in an audio recording which was subsequently leaked to the press."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Got to give Grumbler credit, he called it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2020, 07:09:47 AM
I stopped paying attention to anything Trump said only a few months into his presidency.  His speeches/Tweets might as well read like this:

and it might just work as well with his fanbase!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

I mean, it apparently does as there are still rabid Trumpists out there  :wacko:

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2020, 07:12:43 AM
I mean, it apparently does as there are still rabid Trumpists out there  :wacko:

It was only after I watched the Netflix documentary Tiger King that I really understood such people. 😉
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2020, 08:44:28 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2020, 07:12:43 AM

It was only after I watched the Netflix documentary Tiger King that I really understood such people. 😉

Oh hod, we lost Malthus.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM