What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on April 06, 2020, 09:56:21 AM
Acting Secretary of the Navy Moody informed the crew of the Theodore Roosevelt that Captain Croizer was stupid or naive and his actions constituted a "betrayal".

Audience of one, yet again. What a fuckhead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Quote from: Habbaku on April 06, 2020, 11:12:41 AM
Acting Secretary of the Navy Moody informed the crew of the Theodore Roosevelt that Captain Croizer was stupid or naive and his actions constituted a "betrayal".

Also another man who has had, presumably, a reasonably successful career and has decided to trash it all.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 06, 2020, 11:15:00 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 06, 2020, 11:12:41 AM

Also another man who has had, presumably, a reasonably successful career and has decided to trash it all.

I think he (Croizer) believes sacrificing his career to protect the men and women under his command is a good deal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 06, 2020, 11:26:58 AM
I meant Modly, not the Captain.

Trump's really an individual's moral test of faith; guess who passed and who failed this time.

(Supping with the devil)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

The contrast between how the administration handled Gallagher and Croizer cannot be more stark.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

One committed war crimes against the enemy while the other wrote something that was leaked to the enemy of the people. I don't see the problem?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Over/under on how many GOP Senators call for Modly's resignation?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

On how many? We already know it's 1, +/- 1.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Modly will twist in the wind for a bit, but his emo address to the ship's crew finished him.  Nobody can be that unprofessional and stay at the top, even if Trump likes him.  The SecNav's staff has to work with an officer corps that has at least a modicum of respect for their boss.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Oh, and Trump doesn't like Modly.  He turned him down as the permanent replacement SecNav, and Ken Braithwaite will probably have to throw Modly under the bus to get confirmed himself.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

Your conclusions were all wrong, Ryan. Modly acted stupidly.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Malthus

Holy crap, that leaked speech was something, even under this administration. I'm surprised he wasn't lynched by the crew.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

This is the part that got me. Um, irony much?

Quote"I assure you it was not," Modly said. "Because I understand the facts, and those facts show that what your captain did was very, very wrong in a moment when we expected him to be the calming force on a turbulent sea."
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on April 06, 2020, 05:15:39 PM
Holy crap, that leaked speech was something, even under this administration. I'm surprised he wasn't lynched by the crew.

Maybe there is still time.  When he brought Biden into it's pretty obvious what sort of "Betrayal" that Croizer was guilty of.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017