What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2019, 02:59:02 AM
He also started his address to Japanese sailors with wishing them a Happy Memorial Day. :hmm:

A stable genius doesn't get unhinged from his own calendar by long distance travel.

Valmy

"Let us all bow our heads and remember all the Japanese soldiers, sailors, and civilians who gave their lives in Japan's most recent war"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2019, 02:59:02 AM
He also started his address to Japanese sailors with wishing them a Happy Memorial Day. :hmm:

And he's going to be here over the D-Day 75th anniversary, I wonder how he'll conduct himself?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2019, 05:55:40 PM
QuoteUS energy department rebrands fossil fuels as 'molecules of freedom'
Press release from department said increasing export capacity is 'critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world'

America is the land of freedom, as any politician will be happy to tell you. What you don't hear quite so often is that the stuff under the land is also apparently made of freedom as well. That is, at least according to a news release this week from the Department of Energy (DoE).

Mark W Menezes, the US undersecretary of energy, bestowed a peculiar honorific on our continent's natural resources, dubbing it "freedom gas" in a release touting the DoE's approval of increased exports of natural gas produced by a Freeport LNG terminal off the coast of Texas.

"Increasing export capacity from the Freeport LNG project is critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world by giving America's allies a diverse and affordable source of clean energy," he said.

I was absolutely convinced you had posted a satire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Maladict on May 30, 2019, 01:55:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2019, 09:08:48 PM
White House asks the Navy to move the USS John McCain "out of sight" during Trump's visit to Japan. ::lol:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-wanted-uss-john-mccain-out-of-sight-during-trump-japan-visit-11559173470

Just the thought of a CVN named USS Trump  :x

Every President between FDR and GHWB has a ship named after them (even the short-term President Ford), so it isn't that hard a stretch to believe in a USS Donald J Trump.

It'll depend on what Congressional Republicans think of his legacy however.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 29, 2019, 05:38:39 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 29, 2019, 05:21:28 PM
It's still incredible to consider that 40% of adult citizens look at this man and see a President.  A man who has to cite to the presumption of innocence as a justification for remaining in office.
One thing that is obvious is that humanity is still in the beginning stages of understanding how human minds work (or rather how they fail to work).  I don't think it was widely realized until recently how easily people can be brainwashed in the absence of monopoly on information.

Indeed. Modern studies on human psychology are fascinating. If rather terrifying.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
White House asks the Navy to move the USS John McCain "out of sight" during Trump's visit to Japan. ::lol:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-wanted-uss-john-mccain-out-of-sight-during-trump-japan-visit-11559173470

Every President between FDR and GHWB has a ship named after them (even the short-term President Ford), so it isn't that hard a stretch to believe in a USS Donald J Trump.

Haha, you guys think we're going to make it past Trump's Presidency!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on May 30, 2019, 02:57:36 PM
Haha, you guys think we're going to make it past Trump's Presidency!

We managed to survive the first half/quarter!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2019, 11:15:31 AM
"Let us all bow our heads and remember all the Japanese soldiers, sailors, and civilians who gave their lives in Japan's most recent war"

I wouldn't have a problem with a president saying that. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HisMajestyBOB

President Steve King will christen it in 2025.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

11B4V

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 30, 2019, 04:36:50 PM

President Steve King will christen it in 2025.

Name one of these after him

https://www.bairdmaritime.com/work-boat-world/tug-and-salvage-world/1384-us-navy-receives-first-of-25-work-boat-medium-tugs
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Naming something as a shaming activity is a horrible idea.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2019, 01:46:55 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2019, 05:55:40 PM
QuoteUS energy department rebrands fossil fuels as 'molecules of freedom'
Press release from department said increasing export capacity is 'critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world'

America is the land of freedom, as any politician will be happy to tell you. What you don't hear quite so often is that the stuff under the land is also apparently made of freedom as well. That is, at least according to a news release this week from the Department of Energy (DoE).

Mark W Menezes, the US undersecretary of energy, bestowed a peculiar honorific on our continent's natural resources, dubbing it "freedom gas" in a release touting the DoE's approval of increased exports of natural gas produced by a Freeport LNG terminal off the coast of Texas.

"Increasing export capacity from the Freeport LNG project is critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world by giving America's allies a diverse and affordable source of clean energy," he said.

I was absolutely convinced you had posted a satire.

Could have passed for an Onion piece, right?