News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Donald says he is going to repeal the 14th Amendment by executive order.  :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Watch him do it & congress or the supreme court not oppose him.

The USA fascist state is coming, get the resistance ready & prepare to help the Chinese Liberate us.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 30, 2018, 06:56:30 AM
Watch him do it & congress or the supreme court not oppose him.

The USS fascist state is coming, get the resistance ready & prepare to help the Chinese Liberate us.

The courts have shot down a ton of his orders and he's just shut up and taken it. This will be no different if he even bothers. 50/50 he's just throwing out red meat to drive up election turn out.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 30, 2018, 06:53:08 AM
Donald says he is going to repeal the 14th Amendment by executive order.  :lmfao:

Cite?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

It's not that he's repealing it. He's relying on an interpretation of it that holds that, where the amendment states that birthright citizenship only applies to children 'subject to the jurisdiction' of the US, that means they must be born to legal immigrants or citizens.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on October 30, 2018, 08:15:12 AM
It's not that he's repealing it. He's relying on an interpretation of it that holds that, where the amendment states that birthright citizenship only applies to children 'subject to the jurisdiction' of the US, that means they must be born to legal immigrants or citizens.

yeah, but the argument that the US government has no jurisdiction over illegal immigrants or visa holders seems kinda insane.  If Trump is right, he cannot do anything about illegal immigrants or those who hold visas, because he lacks jurisdiction.  I'm sure illegal immigrants would trade the right of their children to US citizenship in exchange for immunity to US law.

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Sounds like red meat for his base on the eve of the midterms. That and trolling the libs.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on October 30, 2018, 08:38:18 AM
Quote from: Malthus on October 30, 2018, 08:15:12 AM

yeah, but the argument that the US government has no jurisdiction over illegal immigrants or visa holders seems kinda insane.  If Trump is right, he cannot do anything about illegal immigrants or those who hold visas, because he lacks jurisdiction.  I'm sure illegal immigrants would trade the right of their children to US citizenship in exchange for immunity to US law.

Admittedly an interpretation unlikely to withstand court challenge. I assume the point isn't to actually get it implemented, but merely to stir up his supporters, to create the narrative in their minds that Trump would 'get things done' if it was not for these pesky courts.

Still an act of folly, but not quite as egregious as actually attempting to repeal a constitutional amendment by executive order.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on October 30, 2018, 08:40:22 AM
Sounds like red meat for his base on the eve of the midterms. That and trolling the libs.  :hmm:

I am having serious de ja vu. Like fucking Hungary all over again.

There are all kinds of REAL issues, but everyone on both sides are getting foam-mouthed over immigration.  Or sometimes toilet permissions. The right throws in some fucking decoy bone to chew on, the left jumps on it with fervour, the right makes them look like bloody morons, the right wins.

Valmy

Again it may be that I live in Texas or it may be just the way these issues play to the population but the only people who talk about the immigration issue and the toilet thing are the right. The left just ignores them completely, at least in their political strategies. I think the left only brings these things up in the exact same situations the right will, in elections where they think that is a winning issue. So I don't think it is a decoy any more than any other political strategy is.

Ok I think I saw an ad that was like 'While Republicans waste their time talking about bathrooms they are allowing property taxes to skyrocket and schools to crumble...' or something like that. So it could be just my geographical location that shields me from all the fervor about bathrooms and immigration going on in this election.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on October 30, 2018, 09:10:52 AMI am having serious de ja vu. Like fucking Hungary all over again.

There are all kinds of REAL issues, but everyone on both sides are getting foam-mouthed over immigration.  Or sometimes toilet permissions. The right throws in some fucking decoy bone to chew on, the left jumps on it with fervour, the right makes them look like bloody morons, the right wins.

They can't help themselves. They need the views and clicks Trump garners them so they always let him play the circus ringmaster and jump through his flaming hoops. Pavlovian at this point. And thus Trump controls the news cycle and gets attention.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on October 30, 2018, 09:18:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 30, 2018, 09:10:52 AMI am having serious de ja vu. Like fucking Hungary all over again.

They can't help themselves. They need the views and clicks Trump garners them so they always let him play the circus ringmaster and jump through his flaming hoops. Pavlovian at this point. And thus Trump controls the news cycle and gets attention.

The left needs views and clicks? Why do they need views and clicks? I think they want votes :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2018, 09:17:02 AM
Again it may be that I live in Texas or it may be just the way these issues play to the population but the only people who talk about the immigration issue and the toilet thing are the right. The left just ignores them completely, at least in their political strategies. I think the left only brings these things up in the exact same situations the right will, in elections where they think that is a winning issue. So I don't think it is a decoy any more than any other political strategy is.

Ok I think I saw an ad that was like 'While Republicans waste their time talking about bathrooms they are allowing property taxes to skyrocket and schools to crumble...' or something like that. So it could be just my geographical location that shields me from all the fervor about bathrooms and immigration going on in this election.

that's nice what I mean though is shit like this 14th ammendment thing. He casually drops in some stupid unrealistic shit like that and it explodes everywhere and for weeks it will be discussed, and the Left will be looking as trying to garner rights for illegal immigrants.