Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2018, 11:09:15 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on October 30, 2018, 09:23:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2018, 09:17:02 AM
Again it may be that I live in Texas or it may be just the way these issues play to the population but the only people who talk about the immigration issue and the toilet thing are the right. The left just ignores them completely, at least in their political strategies. I think the left only brings these things up in the exact same situations the right will, in elections where they think that is a winning issue. So I don't think it is a decoy any more than any other political strategy is.

Ok I think I saw an ad that was like 'While Republicans waste their time talking about bathrooms they are allowing property taxes to skyrocket and schools to crumble...' or something like that. So it could be just my geographical location that shields me from all the fervor about bathrooms and immigration going on in this election.

Btw, how is early voting turnout in your neck of the woods? Does Beto even have a chance?

Early voter turnout is very high, presidential election type numbers so far, which I am glad to see since generally Texans don't give a damn about politics and public affairs in general.

Beto has a chance, but not a good chance. He has to win more of the independent vote than I see him winning in order to win. But he does have a chance which is more than I can say for any other Democrat in a statewide election.

I've seen that some cities/counties have already racked up more votes in early voting this year than they did in the whole election in 2014.

And while trying to devine early voting results by looking at party registration or independent status is a fools errand, this seems very significant.

https://www.kvia.com/news/el-paso/young-voter-rate-explodes-during-1st-week-of-early-voting-in-ep/832421611

Through the first seven days of early voting, the number of voters age 18 to 29 was already 58 percent higher than the turnout for that age group in the last midterm election, which had 12 days of early voting plus election day, according to an analysis of county election data for ABC-7.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Legbiter on October 30, 2018, 07:23:22 PM
Well, there goes Beto's chances.  ;)

He didn't say the name Beto, he didn't say BETO!  NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Legbiter on October 30, 2018, 07:23:22 PM
Well, there goes Beto's chances.  ;)

I didn't say anything about Beto.

If I had to bet I would expect a loss in the 3-5% range.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2018, 05:34:54 PM
So apparently someone is trying to pay women to make claims of sexual harassment against Robert Mueller.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/10/special-counsel-refers-scheme-targeting-mueller-to-fbi/574411/

God, they really are terrified of Robert Mueller.

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

@realDonaldTrump    19m
So-called Birthright Citizenship, which costs our Country billions of dollars and is very unfair to our citizens, will be ended one way or the other. It is not covered by the 14th Amendment because of the words "subject to the jurisdiction thereof." Many legal scholars agree.....

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2018, 08:50:16 AM

@realDonaldTrump    19m
So-called Birthright Citizenship, which costs our Country billions of dollars and is very unfair to our citizens, will be ended one way or the other. It is not covered by the 14th Amendment because of the words "subject to the jurisdiction thereof." Many legal scholars agree that I am a complete idiot

Fixed.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

"many legal scholars agree"

he never fails to bring out the dumb people vocabulary

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 31, 2018, 09:14:57 AM
"many legal scholars agree"

he never fails to bring out the dumb people vocabulary

Okay "a multitude of legal scholars concur."

Happy now? :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Wonder what the Trumpist constitutionalists would say if he tweeted this:

QuoteThe So-Called Right to Bear Arms, which causes thousands of horrific gun deaths every year and is very unfair to law abiding citizens caught in crossfire, will be ended one way or another.  It is not covered by the 2nd Amendment because of the words: "a well-regulated militia."  Many legal scholars agree . . .
--Joan Robinson