Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: mongers on January 06, 2018, 09:26:59 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2018, 09:21:21 AM
Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2018, 09:17:18 AM
It's hilarious that this is the POTUS Americans want to have.

Not the majority of Americans. <_<

But the better organised or the most easily manipulated ones won, take you pick.

Alternatively the less well organised or most individualistic ones lost.

The more geographically concentrated ones in specific, tactically important areas.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

Quote from: Habbaku on January 06, 2018, 10:25:37 AM

But the better organised or the most easily manipulated ones won, take you pick.

The more geographically concentrated ones in specific, tactically important areas.

How significant was the 'anyone but Hilary crowd', both in numbers turning out and those simply not voting for a democrat or woman.

As an aside, they sure did strike gold with what they got.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: mongers on January 06, 2018, 11:06:56 AM

How significant was the 'anyone but Hilary crowd', both in numbers turning out and those simply not voting for a democrat or woman.

The numbers of those who simply won't vote for a Democrat (or who simply won't vote for a Republican, for that matter) are fairly stable, though I don't know if their turnout is.  I'm sure that simple sexism played a part, though not to the extent Seedy would have you believe.  I don't really know how big the "anyone but Hilary" crowd was, or how much they turned out, but I'd say they were smaller than the "anyone but Trump" crowd.

Legbiter

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2018, 09:01:14 AM
QuoteNow that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence.........Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.........to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

:huh: :lol: :mellow: :mellow: :cry:

The last part really ties the whole thing together.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sophie Scholl

One of the big problems, to my mind, is that by running Hillary instead of any other candidate, the Republicans were able to use the ghost of Bill Clinton and the warchest of Hillary hate and possible negative information they'd been building since the 2008 primary campaign or before against her.  Add in that she actually held positions of power that required making tough choices that resulted in real world implications and you've got a candidate that could do the impossible: lose to Donald Trump.  If any almost other candidate had been run by the Democrats, male or female, I think they would have won.  Hillary was most definitely qualified, but she also had the most Republican hate baggage to drag her campaign down.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

mongers

Quote from: dps on January 06, 2018, 01:20:43 PM

The numbers of those who simply won't vote for a Democrat (or who simply won't vote for a Republican, for that matter) are fairly stable, though I don't know if their turnout is.  I'm sure that simple sexism played a part, though not to the extent Seedy would have you believe.  I don't really know how big the "anyone but Hilary" crowd was, or how much they turned out, but I'd say they were smaller than the "anyone but Trump" crowd.

Thanks for that.

mongers

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on January 06, 2018, 03:15:05 PM

One of the big problems, to my mind, is that by running Hillary instead of any other candidate, the Republicans were able to use the ghost of Bill Clinton and the warchest of Hillary hate and possible negative information they'd been building since the 2008 primary campaign or before against her.  Add in that she actually held positions of power that required making tough choices that resulted in real world implications and you've got a candidate that could do the impossible: lose to Donald Trump.  If any almost other candidate had been run by the Democrats, male or female, I think they would have won.  Hillary was most definitely qualified, but she also had the most Republican hate baggage to drag her campaign down.

Thanks, I guess much of the answer lies with the mix you've and dps has described.

Also I think you're right that anyone but Hilary running for Democrats would have dumped Trump.

garbon

About time we got to the Bernie myth again.

On a different note, really the name he picked is Sloppy Steve?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

I think King called him a disheveled drunk.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: mongers on January 06, 2018, 03:46:05 PM
Also I think you're right that anyone but Hilary running for Democrats would have dumped Trump.

To be honest, I don't think Bernie would have.

At any rate, keep in mind that almost all of us thought that there was no way Trump would even win the Republican nomination.  We kept waiting for him to implode or the voters to come to their senses, but it never happened.

mongers

I'm glad Trump now knows the contempt, that most people close to him, hold him in.

Though not such a good situation for the rest of us.

mongers

Quote from: dps on January 06, 2018, 04:34:35 PM

At any rate, keep in mind that almost all of us thought that there was no way Trump would even win the Republican nomination.  We kept waiting for him to implode or the voters to come to their senses, but it never happened.

Which raise the question, what would have been the odds in a Bernie-Trump race?

dps

Quote from: mongers on January 06, 2018, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: dps on January 06, 2018, 04:34:35 PM

Which raise the question, what would have been the odds in a Bernie-Trump race?

I don't know;  how do you handicap a 'tard fight?

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

We have an known and an unknown.  We know Clinton loses in an Election against Trump.  We honestly don't know how Bernie would do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017