Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2018, 06:02:21 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 04, 2018, 05:54:40 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 04, 2018, 05:14:49 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 04, 2018, 05:13:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2018, 12:54:13 PM
Trump is sending out cease and desist letters. :rolleyes:

So the publisher moved up publication date to tomorrow. It's like it's all planned.

I had to order it.

The presidential tantrums will be epic tomorrow.

Good idea, wanders off to amazon.

Also how irking will it be for Trump, if Bannon and author end up making more money off this than Trump does with all his 'presidency as a profit center' BS.

It totally would not surprise me if Trump, Bannon etc. are playing a version of a two-man con; the one writes a book full of nonsense, the other makes it popular by (completely unenforceable) attempts to suppress it, tantrums, etc. - they sell a mountain of copies, make a mint, distract attention ...

Heh, nice idea.   :cool:

But I think Trump's day of skilful/blatant conmanship are over, we're now dealing with the addled hulk of shyster. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Will he sue though? I don't think he will.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on January 04, 2018, 06:18:21 PM
Will he sue though? I don't think he will.

He'd be stupid to sue.  That opens him up to discovery.  This is just his old New York city routine of bullying reporters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2018, 06:02:21 PM
It totally would not surprise me if Trump, Bannon etc. are playing a version of a two-man con; the one writes a book full of nonsense, the other makes it popular by (completely unenforceable) attempts to suppress it, tantrums, etc. - they sell a mountain of copies, make a mint, distract attention ...

Maybe, but that's not what this is... this is an independent investigative author who had unprecedented access quoting a bunch of administration insiders (including Bannon at the time). It highlights how many of Trump's team think he's an idiot, and it highlights how dysfunctional the administration is. Bannon does not profit from this at all, even if he's quoted as saying nasty things about Trump.

Ed Anger

I'm sad you schmucks didn't fall for the gorilla channel trump joke. I bet a buck to myself one of you would.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Someone burned down the home of one of Roy Moore's accusers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2018, 09:21:35 PM
I'm sad you schmucks didn't fall for the gorilla channel trump joke. I bet a buck to myself one of you would.

Brain did.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Trump twitter quotes: Trump is "being, like, really smart" and a "very stable genius".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2018, 08:21:26 AM
Trump twitter quotes: Trump is "being, like, really smart" and a "very stable genius".

Very is true, just so long as he then changes every other word to un- and non- .

Liep

QuoteNow that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence.........Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.........to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

:huh: :lol: :mellow: :mellow: :cry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

It's hilarious that this is the POTUS Americans want to have.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2018, 09:17:18 AM

Not the majority of Americans. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2018, 09:21:21 AM

Not the majority of Americans. <_<

But the better organised or the most easily manipulated ones won, take you pick.

Alternatively the less well organised or most individualistic ones lost.

garbon

Yeah, probably not as simple as you'd like to paint it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I bet you have a parliament.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?