And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 02, 2018, 10:29:54 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on January 02, 2018, 09:28:43 PM
I have to wonder if the guy is actively trying to provoke a nuclear war.

If you think Un is irrational enough to go to war over stuff like that, maybe you should lobby your government to stop keeping him up.

That is politics, which is something that happens to me, not something for me to influence :hug:

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on January 02, 2018, 11:18:46 PM
That is politics, which is something that happens to me, not something for me to influence :hug:

And even if you did want to influence isn't that generally frowned upon for civil servants?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on January 02, 2018, 11:13:01 PM
Mono told me China doesn't care if North Korea nukes parts of East Asia and North American because it would not affect them in any way. At all. So they don't care.

They have zero responsibility for North Korea's internal affairs. Despite, you know, being 100% responsible for the North Korean regime existing. But besides that they have zero responsibility.

For an ancient civilization they seem kind of idiotic.

Mono is definitely kind of idiotic, but I'm pretty sure he does not actually represent the thinking of Zhongnanhai.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on January 02, 2018, 11:29:18 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on January 02, 2018, 11:18:46 PM

And even if you did want to influence isn't that generally frowned upon for civil servants?

Of course, but I don't even need to get there.  I don't want to influence, I can't influence, I am not allowed to influence, me trying to influence will get absolutely no where, etc. 

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 02, 2018, 09:49:50 PM
I think Twitter should rethink their policy of allowing spoof accounts, in light of the fact that it has now become a channel of diplomatic communication.  Certain parts of the word have a history of failing to identify spoofs, and it would be a shame if a nuclear exchange or two happened because of that.

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2018, 09:36:22 PM

:Psst:: Mono, that's from a spoof comedy account.

With 45 million followers and the coveted "blue checkmark" I don't think that is a spoof account, unless it is the greatest spoof account of all time.

The President of the United States actually said that as an official statement.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Monoriu

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 03, 2018, 07:48:44 AM

With all due respect, he does sound like a kid. 

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 03, 2018, 07:48:44 AM
Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2018, 09:36:22 PM

:Psst:: Mono, that's from a spoof comedy account.

With 45 million followers and the coveted "blue checkmark" I don't think that is a spoof account, unless it is the greatest spoof account of all time.

Yes, that was my joke; Trump IS a spoof comedy act.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

You won't be laughing when God-Emperor Trump bans all vehicles that don't burn coal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 03, 2018, 09:24:06 AM
You won't be laughing when God-Emperor Trump bans all vehicles that don't burn coal.

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 02, 2018, 09:05:30 PMYeah, bye

2018 is off to a strong start.  ^_^

The Beeb is reporting that some sort of hotline was reopened between Pyongyang and Seoul.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Sad that Bannon and Trump are now at each other's throats.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 03, 2018, 01:34:24 PM
Sad that Bannon and Trump are now at each other's throats.

Yeah, not at all entertaining.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk