mongers

Donald J. Trump 
@realDonaldTrump

Stock Market up 5 months in a row!

4:47 PM - 1 Sep 2017

So everything is all-right then.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

He is very good at taking credit for water being wet. I mean I know all Presidents do this every once in awhile for their self-congratulatory speeches but the fact his fanboys are always repeating his amazing 'achievements' like how he appointed somebody for AG and the fact he tweets his boasts on constantly on twitter makes this particularly insufferable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2017, 07:15:15 PM
He is very good at taking credit for water being wet. I mean I know all Presidents do this every once in awhile for their self-congratulatory speeches but the fact his fanboys are always repeating his amazing 'achievements' like how he appointed somebody for AG

What else are they going to say?  Trump walks in straight line, tied his own shoes. Tuesday followed Monday and the sun did not suddenly crash into the earth.

The economy has numbers in it and confuses people, if Trump claims credit who say he's wrong?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 01, 2017, 09:07:26 PM
More evidence of Russian election hacking :(

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/us/politics/russia-election-hacking.html?referer=https://www.google.co.kr/

"There are plenty of other reasons for such breakdowns — local officials blamed human error and software malfunctions — and no clear-cut evidence of digital sabotage has emerged, much less a Russian role in it."

Do you even read your own links Timmy? :mellow:

Valmy

Ah no. I guess Spicey won't be convinced after all.

mongers

QuoteWe'll see.

Just as the flash burns out our retinas.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on September 03, 2017, 12:33:24 PM

QuoteWe'll see.

Just as the flash burns out our retinas.

Oh you've become an optimist like Seedy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

So, the Dreamers are fucked.

Don't see how they're going to deport them all without resorting to full blown concentration camps. :weep:

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Google "Operation Wetback"
Trump referred to it as a historical model during the campaign.
It's like Back to the Future with Biff as the hero.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2017, 09:17:15 PM
Who are the Dreamers exactly?

Illegal aliens who were under 18 when they entered country.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?