What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 03:07:55 PM
I can write my name in French!  Pretty sure it's spelled the same :D
you're hired!  I'll need a foreman.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Sean finally got to meet the pope. so that's nice.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on August 30, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

you need an accountant? I know how to do percentage of completion billing and costing :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

derspiess

Full disclosure: my grandfather was a unionized carpenter :Embarrass:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 04:07:02 PM

My dad was a union rep in the Rubber workers union. Back before they merged with the steelworkers.

TOP THAT
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: HVC on August 30, 2017, 03:58:38 PM

you need an accountant? I know how to do percentage of completion billing and costing :D
I can do my accounting ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I don't hate nor dislike unions or union members in general  :)
I only hate bullies, thugs and scumbags.  That they always find themselves welcome as union enforcers remains one of those mysteries as yet unsolved.  ;)

viper37

anybody gets hit by a message you need to pay to view WP articles now?

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on August 30, 2017, 08:06:44 PM

Is it cause I'm not white? :( :P

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2017, 07:22:38 PM

My dad was a union rep in the Rubber workers union. Back before they merged with the steelworkers.

TOP THAT

My dad crossed the picket lines during the 8-month long Calgary Herald strike that ultimately broke the union.

:showoff:

My wife, on the other hand, was President of her local as part of the Yukon Employees Union.

:ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Lol. How pathetic can you get. Oh no someone on tv was mean to me! I'm going to go drown myself in the bath!  :lmfao:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/listen-eric-trump-says-his-father-tunes-out-criticism-so-he-doesnt-commit-suicide-out-of-depression/#.Wab3sog-2Q4.twitter

QuoteErric Trump suggested that his father doesn't take criticism seriously because doing so would lead to depression and suicidal thoughts.

During an interview Tuesday on The Joe Pags Show, Trump's son said "politics is the nastiest business I've ever seen" because the president is constantly bombarded with criticism.

"I mean, just the evilness and the hatred in that world is unlike anything I could have fathomed before. And no matter what he does, they're going to hit him on it and they're going to go after him, and it's the swamp and it's a corrupt system."

"It's the media, the mainstream media, who does not want him to succeed. It's government who does not want him to succeed... No matter what he does, he's going to get hit, and listen, I think you have to tune it out. You obviously have to be tuned into it, but at the same time you have to take it all with a grain of salt."

"If they weren't talking about you, you wouldn't be doing something right and it's important to keep it in context, otherwise quite frankly you'd probably end up killing yourself out of depression," Eric Trump said. "But he's doing a great job."

During the interview, Eric also said his father was not a racist because he had hired minorities to work in his businesses.

"There is no racist bone in my father's body. He is the greatest guy in the world," he insisted.

Listen to audio, via iHeart Radio, below:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: HVC on August 30, 2017, 08:27:54 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 30, 2017, 08:06:44 PM

Is it cause I'm not white? :( :P
No.  Because you are a Canadian accountant who speaks portuguese while I will need an American accountant who speaks spanish.  Wrong part of Iberia, wrong part of North America.  :P

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2017, 11:21:49 PM
During the interview, Eric also said his father was not a racist because he had hired minorities to work in his businesses.
A lot of Southerners were like that too, in the past.  They had hired colored workers, provided them with shelter and food, even.  Clear indication they weren't racist back then.

garbon

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348658-eric-trump-negative-media-could-make-you-kill-yourself-out-of

QuoteEric Trump: Negative media could make you kill yourself out of depression

Eric Trump ripped negative media coverage of his father during a radio interview Wednesday, saying that a person "would end up killing yourself out of depression" if they got as much negative coverage as the president.

Trump told Joe Pagliarulo, of the nationally syndicated "The Joe Pags Show," on Tuesday that his father was being repeatedly attacked in the media and that it's important for him to tune it out sometimes.

"If they weren't talking about you, you wouldn't be doing something right and it's important to keep it in context, otherwise quite frankly you'd probably end up killing yourself out of depression," Trump said. "But he's doing a great job."

Trump said that he and the rest of his family have to take the coverage "with a grain of salt."
"It's the media, the mainstream media, who does not want [President Trump] to succeed. It's government who does not want him to succeed...No matter what he does, he's going to get hit, and listen, I think you have to tune it out."

He added that his father wasn't being attacked by just the media, but by everyone in politics in general, including people "in their marble offices."

"Politics is nasty, it's the nastiest business I've ever seen," Trump said. "No matter what he does, they're going to hit him on it."

President Trump has repeatedly attacked the media for treating him unfairly, often referring to mainstream media reports as "fake news."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.