What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

So we're left with hoping Trump will 'reconsider'* his rejection of climate change once his properties in Florida get a direct hit from a hurricane?

* Yeah I know it's a bit out there, that he'd consider anything in the first place.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

You don't do naïveté well, Mongers.  So stop it.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2017, 04:20:35 PM
So we're left with hoping Trump will 'reconsider'* his rejection of climate change once his properties in Florida get a direct hit from a hurricane?

* Yeah I know it's a bit out there, that he'd consider anything in the first place.

He'll blame Obama for not acting fast enough, he'll sue all his neighbors for not putting up sufficient protection for his property, and he'll continue to deny climate change is real.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 28, 2017, 04:36:10 PM
He'll blame Obama for not acting fast enough, he'll sue all his neighbors for not putting up sufficient protection for his property, and he'll continue to deny climate change is real.

You forgot the regulatory burdens.  Wouldn't have to worry about land erosion if the government wasn't keeping track of it, all burdeningly.

dps

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2017, 04:20:35 PM

The President doesn't really have positions.  He has whims.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

:wacko:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/901432632394776576
Quote"Hold the line until our country gets back to understanding & respecting each other..." Jim Mattis to US troops
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2017, 06:39:07 PM

Quote"Hold the line until our country gets back to understanding & respecting each other..." Jim Mattis to US troops

What does that mean? Is that an order to allow the enemy to break through our lines once we understand and respect each other again?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on August 28, 2017, 07:08:53 PM

What does that mean? Is that an order to allow the enemy to break through our lines once we understand and respect each other again?

Really? :lol: Take it at face value and don't over think it. Pretty plain and upfront by the SecDef
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2017, 07:11:36 PM

Really? :lol: Take it at face value and don't over think it. Pretty plain and upfront by the SecDef
I didn't think of it the way AR does, now that's funny :lol:

I see it two way:
1) Mattis is deliberately pissing off Trump so he'll fire him
2) He's hinting that impeachment is near.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Shock, surprise, etc

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html?smid=tw-share
QuoteWASHINGTON — A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin. He predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would highlight Mr. Trump's savvy negotiating skills and be a political boon to his candidacy.

"Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it," Mr. Sater wrote in an email. "I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Savonarola on August 28, 2017, 02:57:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2017, 12:05:19 PM
Yeah how is Fox not part of the 'mainstream media'? I have never been able to figure that one out.

I think the term that FoxNews uses is "Elite Media" rather than "Mainstream Media"; at least judging by Newt Gingrich's latest editorial:

Trump and approval ratings - what the elite media won't tell you

It's strange that "Elite" is a pejorative term - "Elite Media" sounds like they should be really good at their jobs.

It's something that sounds inclusive versus something that sounds exclusive. "Mainstream media" is fine for the hardcore wingnuts who believe they're the only enlightened ones in the pack, but Fox's spiel is to sell itself as if its audience is the absolute average- so it's the "elite" media who are the out-of-touch oddballs.
Experience bij!

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 07:13:54 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2017, 07:11:36 PM

I didn't think of it the way AR does, now that's funny :lol:

I see it two way:
1) Mattis is deliberately pissing off Trump so he'll fire him
2) He's hinting that impeachment is near.

Far to political. Much simpler.