What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Trump doesn't care about white people.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Trump's business sought deal on a Trump Tower in Moscow while he ran for president

While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers.
As part of the discussions, a Russian-born real estate developer urged Trump to come to Moscow to tout the proposal and suggested that he could get President Vladimir Putin to say "great things" about Trump, according to several people who have been briefed on his correspondence.
Why am I not surprised?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Are some Trump key cabinet members thinking about abandonning him?

Talks of Tillerson, Mattis and Cohn leaving the administration, or doing things that would get them fired.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

We should figure out more stuff that can be paid for by "reimbursement/other"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Quote from: DGuller on August 27, 2017, 12:14:09 AM
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me.  A couple of years ago I lurked through police forums a couple of times, and the mindset of the majority of cop posters was just horrifying in its casual extreme authoritarianism, and lack of empathy with "civilians".  I decided to stop reading those forums, because it was just too depressing.  There is no doubt in my mind that if dictatorship ever comes to US, police even in the most liberal cities would be its vanguard.

In related news:
QuoteTrump to restore program sending surplus military weapons, equipment to police
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2017/08/27/trump-restores-program-sending-surplus-military-weapons-equipment-to-police/?outputType=default-article&deferJs=true

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2017, 12:05:19 PM
Yeah how is Fox not part of the 'mainstream media'? I have never been able to figure that one out.

I think the term that FoxNews uses is "Elite Media" rather than "Mainstream Media"; at least judging by Newt Gingrich's latest editorial:

Trump and approval ratings - what the elite media won't tell you

It's strange that "Elite" is a pejorative term - "Elite Media" sounds like they should be really good at their jobs.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

viper37

Savonarola

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 03:18:18 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 28, 2017, 02:57:27 PM
It's strange that "Elite" is a pejorative term - "Elite Media" sounds like they should be really good at their jobs.
Trump is fighting the good fight against the elites:
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-elites-20170725-story.html
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-10/reason-elite-hate-trump-so-much-he-opposed-one-world-agenda-globalists

"Elite" as a noun can have negative connotations, especially in the United States where we have a long history of anti-elitism.  "Elite" as an adjective does not (at least I'm not familiar with it); although I'm sure Newt meant it in the sense of "Elitist" rather than "Superior."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on August 28, 2017, 04:01:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 03:18:18 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 28, 2017, 02:57:27 PM
Trump is fighting the good fight against the elites:
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-elites-20170725-story.html
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-10/reason-elite-hate-trump-so-much-he-opposed-one-world-agenda-globalists

"Elite" as a noun can have negative connotations, especially in the United States where we have a long history of anti-elitism.  "Elite" as an adjective does not (at least I'm not familiar with it); although I'm sure Newt meant it in the sense of "Elitist" rather than "Superior."
ah, gotcha.  didn't realize the difference.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on August 28, 2017, 04:02:26 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 28, 2017, 03:17:13 PM
Is the president part of the elite?

He's part of the vulgarian element.

C'mon, he's in real estate and development from Queens.  Doesn't get much more vulgar than that.