What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 29, 2017, 06:08:17 AM
There won't be enough construction workers to rebuild Houston
Good time to open a Texas division...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2017, 04:00:25 PM
Do they really have a record of what a Senator from Illinois was doing during Katrina?
He was visiting refugees in Louisiana and Texas.

QuoteHeck what was Trump doing during Katrina?
He was playing golf.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Do they really have a record of what a Senator from Illinois was doing during Katrina? Heck what was Trump doing during Katrina?

Why wouldn't there be a record? As Vipes noted, Obama was actually down in Texas and Louisiana meeting people and also criticising the federal government response. The power of archived news articles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on August 30, 2017, 08:15:51 AM

You won't have quite as many issues with unions down there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2017, 08:38:20 AM
Do they really have a record of what a Senator from Illinois was doing during Katrina? Heck what was Trump doing during Katrina?

Why wouldn't there be a record? As Vipes noted, Obama was actually down in Texas and Louisiana meeting people and also criticising the federal government response. The power of archived news articles.

I don't know. I guess I doubted the current senators from Illinois are attracting much media attention around this flood.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2017, 10:03:57 AM

We actually have plenty of unions down here. They just do not have much official support but they are effective where labor shortages give them the ability to be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 10:27:54 AM

I don't know. I guess I doubted the current senators from Illinois are attracting much media attention around this flood.

Yeah but what they were doing would be a matter of public record so you'd just have to look up what was being said about them then.  Also, Obama was ambitious from the get.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 10:27:54 AM

Obama already had an aura around him even in 2005.

Here's a speech he gave about Katrina at the time (where he mentions visiting with survivors in Houston):

http://obamaspeeches.com/029-Statement-on-Hurricane-Katrina-Relief-Efforts-Obama-Speech.htm
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Well in any case he wasn't taking a long weekend and golfing. Though if he did that would probably be fine unless the Senate was in session.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2017, 10:39:14 AM
Obama already had an aura around him even in 2005.

I know. It all started with the 2004 Democratic Convention. He was just some state senator in Illinois until that day.

viper37

that's the good side.  on the bad side, few of my guys can speak english.  The last time, we had to bond with 2 other companies to execute the work. :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on August 30, 2017, 12:43:47 PM

that's the good side.  on the bad side, few of my guys can speak english.  The last time, we had to bond with 2 other companies to execute the work. :(

Can they speak Spanish?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 30, 2017, 12:49:47 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 30, 2017, 12:43:47 PM

Can they speak Spanish?
Not as as far as I know.  They can barely write their name in French...

derspiess

I can write my name in French!  Pretty sure it's spelled the same :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus