What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Savonarola on August 26, 2017, 11:40:51 AM
On that subject, I saw this on Fox News:

When a guy starts babbling about the "fine people" at a Klan rally, there are only 3 possibilities:

1. Guy is racist
2. Guy is losing his marbles
3. Guy is an idiot.

Pointing that out is just stating the obvious.  Attacking the messenger is complicity

Trump has conviently drawn the moral lines with clarity.  There's a reason why his some of most trenchant critics at this point are coming from within the GOP.  The man is poison.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2017, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 26, 2017, 12:32:36 PM
Because the main stream bends to the left while they bend to the right, insisting their stream goes straight forward.

The mainstream does bend left if you leave out all the ones that bend right. I mean of course.

You mean off course.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: DGuller on August 26, 2017, 09:57:14 AM
Where do you use International Jewish Cabal?  I just see Soros and globalists.

"George Soros globalism" seems a pretty transparent dog whistle to me.

Eddie Teach

It means Jews if you want it to mean Jews, but it can just mean elitist lefties.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

QuoteFormer national intelligence director James Clapper, who most people couldn't pick out of a line-up
isn't that the point of an intelligence operative?  Or should the next one be a reality tv star?

This is a good time to recall that Lemon actually wondered whether a black hole had swallowed the missing Malaysian jetliner. And then he was pulled from a New Year's Eve broadcast for drinking too much and getting his ear pierced. So, he's hardly the poster child for mental stability.
Interesting news channel you got there :P

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 26, 2017, 02:24:34 PM
It means Jews if you want it to mean Jews, but it can just mean elitist lefties.

Who are, of course, never Jews, never influenced by Jews, and never secret sympathizers of Jews.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on August 26, 2017, 02:51:18 PM
This is a good time to recall that Lemon actually wondered whether a black hole had swallowed the missing Malaysian jetliner. And then he was pulled from a New Year's Eve broadcast for drinking too much and getting his ear pierced. So, he's hardly the poster child for mental stability.
Interesting news channel you got there :P

Actually, Lemon was talking about the fact that people were sending emails suggesting "preposterous" (his words) theories to explain the jetliner's disappearance.  He's a crappy anchor as far as I can tell, but attacks on him should focus on his real gaffes, not made-up ones.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Only the left likes free trade now? Bullshit Eddie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2017, 03:48:28 PM

Only the left likes free trade now? Bullshit Eddie.

Globalism and free trade aren't necessarily the same thing.

Eddie Teach

And Soros is mostly associated with funding lefty causes.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on August 26, 2017, 04:01:07 PM
Globalism and free trade aren't necessarily the same thing.

They are inseparable, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on August 26, 2017, 03:27:50 PM
Actually, Lemon was talking about the fact that people were sending emails suggesting "preposterous" (his words) theories to explain the jetliner's disappearance.  He's a crappy anchor as far as I can tell, but attacks on him should focus on his real gaffes, not made-up ones.
I figured as much.  Thanks for the clarification :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 26, 2017, 04:17:56 PM
And Soros is mostly associated with funding lefty causes.

The globalists are hated by the left though. Neo- Liberalism and all that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

It's almost like it's not a one-dimensional scale.