What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Pence or Ryan's presidency will be equally horrifying.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2017, 10:45:33 AM
You guys are gonna be so bored with the next president :)

Orrin Hatch:  Cultivating an Environment of Snooze

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2017, 10:53:02 AM
Pence or Ryan's presidency will be equally horrifying.
Not equally.  Their domestic policies are horrifying, but that's par for the course with any Republican.  Until Republican voters realize that their bigotry is used to fuck them in the ass by sociopathic plutocrats, that won't change.  But at least we won't have a loose cannon setting the world on fire, and who's likely compromised by the only power that can obliterate us.

Valmy

That would be wonderful. I have been hoping for US politics to be boring for decades.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2017, 11:39:13 AM

That would be wonderful. I have been hoping for US politics to be boring for decades.

Yep.  Back when people told me Fred Thompson would be a lazy, do-nothing president, that actually increased my support for him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

We've been excited so much that we're tired of being excited.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 16, 2017, 11:54:52 AM

We've been excited so much that we're tired of being excited.

And we've been begging please, no more excitement.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2017, 11:48:00 AM
Back when people told me Fred Thompson would be a lazy, do-nothing president, that actually increased my support for him.

Who the fuck was telling you that bullshit :mad:

Habbaku

Well, he was a lazy, do-nothing candidate, so...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Remember where you were that big, beautiful November night when Donald J. Trump won the presidency despite all the pollsters saying it would be a Clinton landslide? Just think of how you felt that night.

PTSD :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

The polls were pretty razor thin and Hillary did get a razor thin amount of more votes.

Yeah that was a pretty terrible night. The weather sucked, the news sucked, and the next day Austin Texas looked like we were all mourning the deaths of our mothers simultaneously.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2017, 01:49:26 PM
The polls were pretty razor thin and Hillary did get a razor thin amount of more votes.

Yeah that was a pretty terrible night. The weather sucked, the news sucked, and the next day Austin Texas looked like we were all mourning the deaths of our mothers simultaneously.

Did I ever tell you guys that I was actually talking to the US Counsel for Commercial Affairs that day?

I was speaking at a trade panel organized by the US Consulate in Toronto (medical device regulation and importation issues), the panel took place the day after the Election, so I was talking to these officials both before and after ... it was sad to see how dejected they all were.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 16, 2017, 01:30:47 PM
Remember where you were that big, beautiful November night when Donald J. Trump won the presidency despite all the pollsters saying it would be a Clinton landslide? Just think of how you felt that night.

PTSD :bleeding:

:ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Trumps tweets today say someone (Rosenstein?) told him to fire Comey. The buck stops with the Deputy AG?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2017, 11:48:00 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2017, 11:39:13 AM

Yep.  Back when people told me Fred Thompson would be a lazy, do-nothing president, that actually increased my support for him.

I said he was too lazy to get elected President.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017