What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zanza on June 13, 2017, 04:09:25 PM
President Donald Trump directed Senate Republicans to pass a generous health care bill at a meeting with more than a dozen GOP senators on Tuesday, arguing that the House's austere health care bill is difficult to defend, according to people familiar with the meeting.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/13/trump-urge-gop-senate-repeal-obamacare-239504

:lol: He must be the greatest flipflopper ever. How does he want to get a generous bill passed by the Freedom Caucus?

Classic RE mogul move, giving different messages to different players and trying to play them off.  Of course that only works when the counterparties don't talk to each other, and every word you say isn't splattered across Page 1. 

He doesn't get his schtick doesn't work in this context.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 13, 2017, 04:50:49 PM
Classic RE mogul move, giving different messages to different players and trying to play them off.  Of course that only works when the counterparties don't talk to each other, and every word you say isn't splattered across Page 1. 

It worked every week during The Apprentice.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2017, 05:02:27 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 13, 2017, 04:50:49 PM

It worked every week during The Apprentice.

You know there's no Alien/Sci-fi film that is as outlandish within it's genre as Trump is in the WH; 'Jupiter Ascending' has more logical plot elements than the Donald and his clan/WH occupants.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Does this clown actually do any part of his job? Any of it?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/13/trump-gives-u-s-military-authority-to-set-afghan-troop-levels.html

QuoteU.S. President Donald Trump has given Defense Secretary Jim Mattis the authority to set troop levels in Afghanistan, a U.S. official told Reuters on Tuesday, opening the door for future troop increases requested by the U.S. commander.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said no immediate decision had been made about the troop levels, which are now set at about 8,400.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

He's a great delegator.  The best!  Nobody delegates like he does.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on June 14, 2017, 07:12:56 AM
He's a great delegator.  The best!  Nobody delegates like he does.

Trump is The dele-gator.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2017, 06:42:04 AM

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/13/trump-gives-u-s-military-authority-to-set-afghan-troop-levels.html

QuoteU.S. President Donald Trump has given Defense Secretary Jim Mattis the authority to set troop levels in Afghanistan, a U.S. official told Reuters on Tuesday, opening the door for future troop increases requested by the U.S. commander.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said no immediate decision had been made about the troop levels, which are now set at about 8,400.

Stay woke, Tim.  And RESIST.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2017, 06:42:04 AM

On on operational level, this is actually ideal (and I am sure the POTUS, even Trump, would still advised of the actual levels)...within limits.  And will likely mean, at most, a fluctuation of a few hundred to a couple thousand at most. 

Now, if the SoD went crazy and said, "I have teh authority?  300,000 in Afghanistan right now!", I am pretty sure the Prez (again, even Trump), might step in.

Valmy

Yeah I think even LBJ let Westmoreland control a few things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

It's not like we want Trump making these decisions himself.  As far as I am concerned he can delegate all of foreign and security policy to Mattis.  Hell throw in domestic policy as well - it can't get any worse.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Considering how the posture review the Trumpenfuhrer ordered isn't due until sometime in July, what the SoD recommends is probably what they're going to go with anyway, so why not.

Besides, gives Der Trumpenfuhrer a reason to fire generals when things go south.  Nothing will ever be his fault.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point