What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Maybe the spray tan is to cover that he has chicken-shit written all over him?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zanza on June 11, 2017, 07:51:46 AM
Donald Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold
US president told Theresa May he did not want trip to go ahead if there were large-scale public protests

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/11/donald-trump-state-visit-to-britain-put-on-hold

That's cover.  May is in bad enough shape, she doesn't want Trump anywhere near her
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 11, 2017, 09:13:48 AM
Quote from: Zanza on June 11, 2017, 07:51:46 AM
Donald Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold
US president told Theresa May he did not want trip to go ahead if there were large-scale public protests

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/11/donald-trump-state-visit-to-britain-put-on-hold

That's cover.  May is in bad enough shape, she doesn't want Trump anywhere near her

While that may be true, I'd be surprised if Trump would give up all the pomp of a state visit to save her some blushes. I think he really doesn't want footage of thousands of protesters jeering him as he takes a carriage up the Mall.

Zanza

Trump boasting on Twitter about first new coal mine opening. 21st century here we come!

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2017, 01:43:51 PM
Trump boasting on Twitter about first new coal mine opening. 21st century here we come!

Republicans boasting about interfering and distorting the Free Market. Now I have seen everything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2017, 01:47:17 PM

Republicans boasting about interfering and distorting the Free Market. Now I have seen everything.

Not the deleted Benghazi emails.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2017, 01:47:17 PM

Like everything else in this administration, they're taking credit for something completely out of it's control.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/02/531255253/fact-check-is-president-trump-correct-that-coal-mines-are-opening
The mine, as are many of the others slated to open, will produce metallurgical coal, a special type of coal that is used in steelmaking. This is different from "steam" coal, which is used to generate electricity. "Met" coal makes up about 15 percent of worldwide coal production, according to the International Energy Agency.

The Acosta Deep Mine is one of a handful of metallurgical coal mines opening up around the country to take advantage of very high prices for metallurgical coal, says Art Sullivan, a mining consultant and former coal miner in Washington, Pa.

He says the uptick in met coal is related to events oversees that have little to do with U.S. policy or politics.

One of these factors is that Australia, the far and away leader in metallurgical coal, has experienced disruptions to its supply chain. There have been problems with rail transport of coal, and Cyclone Debbie further hurt the coal industry there, Sullivan says. Those disruptions, combined with greater-than-expected demand for steel in China — the world's leading steelmaker — caused prices of this special coal to soar to $300 per ton, triple the price of met coal from three years ago.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

300 per ton? that doesn't seem like a whole lot of worth.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Some one said Jeff sessions looks like the Keebler elf and now I can't unsee it

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

dps

What, exactly, are the physical characteristics by which you can recognize a racist?

viper37

Quote from: dps on June 12, 2017, 07:04:55 PM
What, exactly, are the physical characteristics by which you can recognize a racist?
he's white.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney