What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on June 16, 2017, 03:42:49 PM
Trumps tweets today say someone (Rosenstein?) told him to fire Comey. The buck stops with the Deputy AG?

You're missing a set of parentheses. Donald said in a TV interview the day after the firing that he didn't pay any attention to ((Rosenstein)), so it must be someone else.

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2017, 11:48:00 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2017, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2017, 10:45:33 AM
You guys are gonna be so bored with the next president :)

That would be wonderful. I have been hoping for US politics to be boring for decades.

Yep.  Back when people told me Fred Thompson would be a lazy, do-nothing president, that actually increased my support for him.

Boring government doesn't spring out of laziness.  It's a turbulent difficult world, laziness just means things don't get done and everything gets worse.  You want reserved and competent for boring government.

Ed Anger

Hopefully President Pence will bring "Fuck You, I'm Millwall" guy on board.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Until his base starts withering away and rank/file gop tards start deserting, it don't mean shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on June 17, 2017, 02:06:05 AM
Until his base starts withering away and rank/file gop tards start deserting, it don't mean shit.
Yeah.  :(  At this point it's not just hate and brainwashing, but also emotional desire to refuse to acknowledge that you were duped by a con artist who secretly has contempt for you.  It's like the victims of pyramid scheme who blame the government for not getting paid back, because it was the government who shut down the pyramid scheme.

jimmy olsen

Our president.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338228-aides-describe-trump-yelling-at-tv-sets-over-russia-probe-report
QuotePresident Trump has been described by advisers and confidents as angry over the probe into possible ties between his campaign and Russia, yelling at television sets at the White House with coverage of the probe, according to an Associated Press report Friday.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2017, 08:43:53 PM

One should always use a poll average that takes into acount as many polls as possible.

That way you're not influenced by outliers on either side.

Exactly how do you think we should be influenced by polls that aren't outliers?  Are you suggesting that how much contempt each of us has for President Trump should be influenced by his poll numbers?

DGuller

Quote from: dps on June 17, 2017, 06:26:47 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2017, 08:43:53 PM

One should always use a poll average that takes into acount as many polls as possible.

That way you're not influenced by outliers on either side.

Exactly how do you think we should be influenced by polls that aren't outliers?  Are you suggesting that how much contempt each of us has for President Trump should be influenced by his poll numbers?
The question is not about should, it's about could.  Human beings are social animals and do take their cues from others, or at least examine their beliefs more readily if they appear to be out of step with the mainstream.

FunkMonk

Morons across the country are sending death threats to Shakespearean theaters because of that one Julius Caesar production in New York  :lol:  :lol:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/style/2017/06/16/knives-are-out-for-theaters-that-bear-name-shakespeare/BjIuTepxxULJHZvTAQmF6H/story.html?event=event25

Quote"First of all, they clearly are not people who have seen the show or been to our theater," said Michael Kahn, artistic director of Shakespeare Theatre Company. "I'm assuming that some letter's gone out to a lot of people, and people got confused and decided to write to different Shakespeare theaters."

Dallas's Parry, whose company opened the summer season this week with a production of "The Merry Wives of Windsor," blamed Web analytics.

"They're just doing a general Google search," he said. "When you Google 'Shakespeare in the Park' in the Texas region, our name pops up first, and they just go to town."
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

They had Obama Caesar when he was President as well. Ironically Right Wing nutjobs were also offended by that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2017, 05:36:45 AM
Our president.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338228-aides-describe-trump-yelling-at-tv-sets-over-russia-probe-report
QuotePresident Trump has been described by advisers and confidents as angry over the probe into possible ties between his campaign and Russia, yelling at television sets at the White House with coverage of the probe, according to an Associated Press report Friday.

I'm sticking with my prediction, so enjoy your summer, people.  It's your last one.

CountDeMoney

Trump Family Wedding Planner to Head New York's Federal Housing Office

QuoteArmstrong Williams, a close friend of Mr. Carson's, did not confirm the appointment but did say that Ms. Patton had earned the trust of Mr. Carson after organizing his listening tour in several cities. Mr. Williams also said Ms. Patton "is a very honest person."

"She never told Dr. Carson that she went to Yale," Mr. Williams said, contradicting the Daily News story, which said she had padded her résumé with a Yale law degree she never earned. "She has always been candid that she never completed law school. Always upfront about that."

But she's black, so she's got to know something about public housing.

11B4V

I think he's going to pull the trigger and firewall Mueller.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".