What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2017, 08:43:53 PM

One should always use a poll average that takes into acount as many polls as possible.
:rolleyes:

No, actually one should not always do that. Outlier polls may be using different methodologies, and looking at them can help identify possible problems in the polls. Also, simply averaging a bunch of polls together, regardless of sample size or methodology, is quite crude.

(You misspelled the word "account")

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

QuoteDonald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
ยท
Jun 14, 2014

I would like to wish all fathers, even the haters and losers, a very happy Fathers Day.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2017, 08:09:17 PM
For fuck's sakes mongers. :bleeding:

That was me underlining my point, otherwise I would have cropped it as per Yi regulations.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Breitbart defanged? :hmm:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4684371.htm

Quote...

Breitbart's first big problem is that its audience is deserting it, falling by more than half since the US election, according to Comscore, from almost 23 million to fewer than 11 million visitors a month.

But an even bigger worry is that a social media campaign run by Sleeping Giants has made Breitbart's advertisers run for cover.

... Sleeping Giants is dedicated to stopping racist, sexist, anti-Semitic and homophobic news sites by stopping their ad dollars. Because of "programmatic" ad buying, many companies don't even know they are appearing on these sites. We inform them and help them with advice on taking their ads down.

โ€” Facebook, Sleeping Giants

Sleeping Giants has now persuaded 2200 companies in the US and Europe to stop their ads appearing on Breitbart.

And according to America's Digiday that boycott is having a massive impact.

Breitbart ads plummet nearly 90 percent in three months as Trump's troubles mount

โ€” Digiday, 6 June, 2017

And remarkably, this dramatic fall in revenue also appears to have persuaded Breitbart to moderate its output. As the Washington Post reported last week:

The clarion of the far right seems to be having second thoughts about how far right it wants to go.

... Breitbart News has lately been trimming back some of its more extreme elements ...

โ€” Washington Post, 7 June, 2017

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

The world press has stopped reading it since the election.

DGuller

Isn't it ironic that big corporations are now the biggest hammer in the fight against fascism in US?  The mighty ad dollar has achieved more victories for the liberals than everyone else combined.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on June 19, 2017, 08:29:17 AM
Isn't it ironic that big corporations are now the biggest hammer in the fight against fascism in US?  The mighty ad dollar has achieved more victories for the liberals than everyone else combined.

Corporations are soulless, both for the good and the bad. If it'll cost them money they're against it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2017, 09:03:58 AM
Fascism, lol.

Let's ask Raz, he's the only one who actually reads the rag.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 19, 2017, 09:25:38 AM
Fascism, lol.

Let's ask Raz, he's the only one who actually reads the rag.

They had a whole section dedicated to Black Crime.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Fascism, lol.

Concur;  fascism is too complex an ideological concept for today's average mouthbreather.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Camerus

Breitbart's a rag and the few times I've visited it I felt my IQ drop a few points. But I'm not a fan of the ideological police "persuading" companies where not to advertise.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Camerus on June 19, 2017, 06:47:22 PM
Breitbart's a rag and the few times I've visited it I felt my IQ drop a few points. But I'm not a fan of the ideological police "persuading" companies where not to advertise.

That doesn't seem to be the case in this particular instance.  Providing information about where your ad money is going is not "persuading."