What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on June 20, 2017, 06:46:52 PM
the SS and Gestapo uniforms were badass.

So were panzertrup and falschirmjager uniforms.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2017, 06:31:03 PM
It's almost as hilariously threatening as his Cuba speech the other day, straight out of 1963.

Little Marco even chimed in, I heard him say yesterday that the Cuban military was directly involved in regional destabilization, particularly in Venezuela.

When you're not sure who to pick a fight with, why not try everyone.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on June 20, 2017, 06:46:52 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2017, 02:37:43 PM
You know, everyone talks about Germany's badass uniforms but those brown party sacks were hideous.
the SS and Gestapo uniforms were badass.

Big deal; so are the Oakland Raiders, Death Star weapons officers and Tarantino heist crews.  You can't fuck up black.

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Looks like Ossof is going to lose. That's a genuinely bad sign for Dems going forward. Unlike the earlier special elections which were in seats just too deep red to flip, the Dems need to turn seats like Georgia 6 if they're going to win a wave election.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on June 20, 2017, 06:32:49 PM
Yes, in theory, freedoms are defined with freedom against government action in mind.  However, in this days and age, we live in a very interconnected world, where economic boycott can deal catastrophic damage to individuals almost as effectively. 

Being on the wrong end of social media viral outrage has ruined the lives of many people.  I'm not okay with it, even if the government had nothing to do with the angry mobs that formed up to destroy individuals for shits and giggles.  So, I do think that we need to be careful with economic boycotts, it's not always filth like Breitbart that will be on the receiving end of it.  Just because the founding fathers didn't put it on the a piece of paper 200+ years ago doesn't mean that it's not a good idea.

I'm okay with social viral outrage because even if you are diametrically opposed to it, it can be contested in an open arena. I agree about the problems regarding catastrophic damage to individuals, but that basically has nothing to do with getting advertisers to pull their money from odious content providers. I see no overlap between the two issues. Somehow stopping Sleeping Giants from persuading advertisers to drop Breitbart ads won't prevent 4chan misogynists from trying to ruin the lives of random women they deem to feminist adjacent or whatever.

Not sure why you bring up the founding fathers in this context.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2017, 08:36:22 PM
Looks like Ossof is going to lose. That's a genuinely bad sign for Dems going forward.

No it's not. Asschimp.

Habbaku

Looks like Ossof is going to lose. That's a genuinely bad sign for Dems going forward. Unlike the earlier special elections which were in seats just too deep red to flip, the Dems need to turn seats like Georgia 6 if they're going to win a wave election.

No. I live in the district adjacent to the 6th. Ossoff came from nowhere to challenge Karen Handel, one of the most name-recognizable Republican shitheads in the state and seems to have grabbed 48% of the vote as of this writing in a seat that has been safely Republican since it was held by Newt Gingrich.

If this level of Democrat support continues to 2018 in other, GOP-heavy districts, the Republicans are fucked.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2017, 09:03:43 PM
Looks like Ossof is going to lose. That's a genuinely bad sign for Dems going forward.

No it's not. Asschimp.

Correct. Originally this was a huge referendum on Trump. But now that it went the wrong way, it's meaningless.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2017, 10:00:47 PM
Correct. Originally this was a huge referendum on Trump. But now that it went the wrong way, it's meaningless.

I'm convinced by Seppukku's argument.  If Trump were to win a Breitbart poll 51/49, I would be very encouraged.

derspiess

Dems put everything they could into this race and still couldn't win it. But if you guys want to claim a moral victory and build up your hopes for 2018, feel free.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2017, 10:11:31 PM
Dems put everything they could into this race and still couldn't win it. But if you guys want to claim a moral victory and build up your hopes for 2018, feel free.

Stick your head in the sand all you like. You know nothing about the area that I live in and what Ossoff's percentage of the vote actually means.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 20, 2017, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2017, 10:11:31 PM

Stick your head in the sand all you like. You know nothing about the area that I live in and what Ossoff's percentage of the vote actually means.

Contrary to derniggerhater's smug cuckolded miscarriage-fucking presumptions, I held absolutely no illusions of Newt Gingrich's and Tom Price's district ever tilting to the left.  Not only is it Republican, it's well-heeled Republican;  and douchebags with money will never, ever risk casting a protest vote, regardless of how shitty the President is.

So Democrats losing a race by 2 lengths instead of the usual 6 is still a loss, and fucktard voter supressing confederacy states like Georgia are a complete waste of time. 

Should've taken the money, given it to Planned Parenthood, saran-wrapped all the abortions like veal cutlets and Fed Ex'd them to derspiess in time for BBQ season, all dry rub-style.

Grey Fox

I wish I could see the hope you guys have. They still love Trump more than anything, basically.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.