Kicks keep gettin' harder to find....

Syt

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2017, 12:00:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2017, 09:56:40 PM
"President Trump is acting in accordance with his competence"
--Vladimir Putin

Yet silence from the flag waving GOP.

They're still trying to parse whether it's an insult or a compliment. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

The Fox News scandal seems to potentially have a wider effect, impacting a candidate in the NYC mayoral race f. ex.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/14/fox-news-scandal-impact-politics-215135

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2017, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 12, 2017, 01:14:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2017, 11:48:21 AM
Free-floating nihilism cloaked in insult, mockery, and bombast? The internet really is the downfall of society.

I laughed.

I also need the LIBERUL TEARS mug.

I have a couple extras leftover from Christmas.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

The butthurt brigade is gonna go after you for owning one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I had my weekend away from Languish to refresh and recharge.  BRANG IT
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Fascinating story about how aides try to slip Trump various news articles in order to advance their agendas (and what happened when "fake news" gets slipped to Trump).

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/15/donald-trump-fake-news-238379
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

White Nationalist Leads Torch-Bearing Protesters Against Removal of Confederate Statue:

QuoteChanting "All White Lives Matter," and "No More Brother Wars," the crowd, which said they were protecting their "white heritage" from the Charlottesville City Council's decision to remove a statue in the Virginia town's park.

They also chanted "You will not replace us" and "Russia is our friend." Dozens of protesters also brought bamboo tiki torches to a second rally once it became dark out.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-nationalist-leads-torch-bearing-protesters-against-removal-confederate-statue-n759266
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Is this real or another 'for the LOLZ' type deal? The 'Russia is our friend' thing is hard to take seriously.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

You need to stop thinking these people are trolling. If you are a neo-nazi for the Lolz, guess what? you are still a neo-nazi.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 15, 2017, 03:35:04 PM
You need to stop thinking these people are trolling. If you are a neo-nazi for the Lolz, guess what? you are still a neo-nazi.

It just seems reactionary. Do they really like Russia or do they just hate the liberals so very much?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2017, 03:36:44 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on May 15, 2017, 03:35:04 PM

It just seems reactionary. Do they really like Russia or do they just hate the liberals so very much?

I know what you mean. It just seems childish, and not in a good way - like they are getting off on how very, very *bad* they are being, how much the "liberals" will be offended. It is as if these folks have created a sort or ersatz collective parental figure, the "liberal", who is an authority to be undermined by mockery in the form of saying things calculated to upset. 

The question is how far they will go to offend-for-kicks. The implication of "well, they are just trolling" is that there are limits to how far they will go.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on May 15, 2017, 03:48:33 PM
The question is how far they will go to offend-for-kicks. The implication of "well, they are just trolling" is that there are limits to how far they will go.

I don't think there's any such implication. IMO "we're just trolling" is purely a play to avoid consequence and/ or claim victory from outcomes that previously would've been considered a defeat.

Legbiter

Quote from: Savonarola on May 12, 2017, 09:48:35 AM
I've only skimmed the news on and off since the election.  With the firing of Comey I went back to CNN and while there are a number of articles concerning what late night talk show hosts said about Comey's firing, I also discovered that:

Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, others get 1

Of course you can't just run one article on such an important topic:

Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else gets 1 -- and other top lines from his Time interview

And Ice Cream Gate was used as the basis for Michael D'Antonio' thought provoking opinion piece:

The little boy president

I see that I've missed a lot in the past seven months.
:lol:

When reality becomes a meme.

I wonder how ourselves are doing in the Hillary timeline.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.