News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2017, 08:23:29 PM
Their seats are so gerrymandered, they couldn't get booted out if they wanted to.  We're minority rule now.  40% is the Magic Number.

I am, however, still working on my letter to His Holiness arguing for the excommunications of Paul Ryan and Mick Mulvaney.  Fuck, ecclesiastical research can be a motherfucker.

:yes: If you've ever heard NJ people going on about "the Pineys," they're mostly talking about NJ 3rd CD:
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/New_Jersey%27s_3rd_congressional_district

NJ bleeds blue, but we're talking about the little sliver carved out that still gave Donald Trump a 6-point lead in the election.  About the only thing they care about is making sure they keep their property taxes low by voting down every school budget.
Experience bij!

Syt

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/05/15/president-donald-j-trump-proclaims-may-15-2017-peace-officers-memorial

QuotePresident Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 15, 2017, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 14 through May 20, 2017, as Police Week

PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY AND POLICE WEEK, 2017

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

During Peace Officers Memorial Day and Police Week, we honor the men and women of law enforcement who have been killed or disabled in the course of serving our communities.  Police officers are the thin blue line whose sacrifices protect and serve us every day, and we pledge to support them as they risk their lives to safeguard ours.

Last year, 118 officers died in the line of duty, and of those, 66 were victims of malicious attacks.  These attacks increased by nearly 40 percent from 2015.  This must end.  That is why one of my first actions was to direct the Department of Justice to develop a strategy to better prevent and prosecute crimes of violence against our Federal, State, tribal, and local law enforcement officers.

In addition, my Administration will continue to further the efforts of the Department of Justice to improve the lives of law enforcement officers and their families.  This includes supporting the Officer Safety and Wellness Group, which improves officer safety on the job, and accelerating the processing of benefits through the Public Safety Officers' Benefits Program, which provides vital resources to the families of fallen officers.

Our liberties depend on the rule of law, and that means supporting the incredible men and women of law enforcement.  By a joint resolution approved October 1, 1962, as amended (76 Stat. 676), and by Public Law 103-322, as amended (36 U.S.C. 136 and 137), the President has been authorized and requested to designate May 15 of each year as "Peace Officers Memorial Day" and the week in which it falls as "Police Week."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 15, 2017, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 14 through May 20, 2017, as Police Week.  In humble appreciation of our hard-working law enforcement officers, Melania and I will light the White House in blue on May 15.  I call upon all Americans to observe Peace Officers Memorial Day and Police Week with appropriate ceremonies and activities.  I also call on the Governors of the States and Territories and officials of other areas subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, to direct that the flag be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day.  I further encourage all Americans to display the flag at half-staff from their homes and businesses on that day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

DONALD J. TRUMP

"IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first."
=> Is this common wording under these things?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on May 16, 2017, 03:35:29 AM

Artsy fartsy proclamation language?  Sure.  Hear ye hear ye, bizzotches.

CountDeMoney

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 44m

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....

9 minutes later....

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 35m

...to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.

HVC

He didn't remember what he talked about and needed someone to remind him. He's senile
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 15, 2017, 05:03:34 PM
God I love the fact that my fat dumb president has zero common sense and absolutely no judgement. God damn it feels good to be American.

:lol:

On the bright side he's moved from literally Hitler to merely incompetent. That's a hell of a promotion.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on May 16, 2017, 03:35:29 AM
(snip)

"IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first."

Is this the most easily google-able question of all time, or what?

Yes, that is the stock closing.  See, e.g, https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-82/pdf/STATUTE-82-Pg1656.pdf
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

At what point do McMaster, Mattis, and company serve their country better by resigning in protest over feckless presidential behavior than by trying to carry on in spite of it?

That question must be keeping them awake at night.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2017, 07:33:30 AM
At what point do McMaster, Mattis, and company serve their country better by resigning in protest over feckless presidential behavior than by trying to carry on in spite of it?

That question must be keeping them awake at night.

What, and lose their healthcare?  You kidding?

Syt

http://www.politico.eu/article/russia-shrugs-off-reports-us-president-donald-trump-shared-classified-info-with-russia-sergey-lavrov/

QuoteRussia shrugs off reports Trump shared classified info with Lavrov

Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova takes aim at American press.

By   ZOYA SHEFTALOVICH   5/16/17, 12:55 PM CET

U.S. media reports that President Donald Trump revealed classified information in a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak are "unhealthy" and "dangerous," a Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman said Tuesday.

"I land in Madrid. I turn on my phone, and there are dozens of messages ... 'is it true that Trump told Lavrov the biggest secrets?'" spokeswoman Maria Zakharova wrote in a Facebook post seemingly aimed at the Russian press. "Guys, are you reading American newspapers again?"

She continued: "Don't read them. You can use them in various ways, but don't read them — lately this isn't just unhealthy, but dangerous."

The Washington Post reported Monday that the U.S. president divulged highly classified information about Islamic State to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador during their Oval Office visit last week. Officials reportedly obtained the information through an intelligence-sharing arrangement with a U.S. partner.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2017, 07:40:40 AM
Russia's Foreign Minister, Lavrov, Trolls Media, Laughs at Comey Firing

PUSSY: GRABBED!

I like Lavrov's response.  Stupid questions deserve smartass answers.  The press pool pulled a Timmay and rightly got smacked for it.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 12, 2017, 08:29:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2017, 05:18:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 11, 2017, 05:13:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2017, 05:07:16 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 11, 2017, 04:14:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2017, 12:27:19 PM
We had a good run.

Says the guy who jumped ship.  <_<

I'm on a 5 year visa. Ok?

Can you still get citizenship after 3?

No. However, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain once you hit 5 years.

Good to know you have options. I'm stuck on the same continent as this shit show.  :P

Actually, I have since discovered that I've no options bar marriage. Rules were changed in 2010 to prevent people with my type of visa from being able to settle in the UK. I'm kicked out in 3 years with a 12 month cooling off period.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2017, 07:45:50 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2017, 07:40:40 AM
Russia's Foreign Minister, Lavrov, Trolls Media, Laughs at Comey Firing

PUSSY: GRABBED!

I like Lavrov's response.  Stupid questions deserve smartass answers.  The press pool pulled a Timmay and rightly got smacked for it.

You would like it, pussy-grabbing Russian cock lover.