News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 20, 2017, 01:37:20 AM
Well, if this is a national nightmare in China he must be doing something right.  :hmm:

I doubt it is.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 20, 2017, 02:47:52 PM
What do you mean?

Between being left out of the loop when it comes to meeting foreign leaders, to not being allowed to pick his own #2 at State, to Trump putting his real-estate-developer-but-he's-a-Jew-so-it's-OK son-in-law in charge of the Palestinian-Israeli discussions, to using his own personal lawyer as a go-between with Russia for a solution to the Ukraine, I don't think Tillerson will suffer this many indignities for very long. 

The man was a real CEO of a real transnational, for fuck's sake.  He doesn't have to put up with cleaning up Trump's shitvomit everywhere.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on February 20, 2017, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 20, 2017, 01:37:20 AM
Well, if this is a national nightmare in China he must be doing something right.  :hmm:

I doubt it is.

When will people give up this zero/sum view of world relations/economics?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2017, 02:54:34 PM
The man was a real CEO of a real transnational, for fuck's sake.  He doesn't have to put up with cleaning up Trump's shitvomit everywhere.
if he stands to make a few billions more before his death due to his presence in this administration, I think he'll endure.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

LaCroix

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2017, 02:58:59 PMWhen will people give up this zero/sum view of world relations/economics?

never. I mean, look at those for example who can't even admit when trump beats his enemies (no china coal to north korea)

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 20, 2017, 03:11:41 PM
never. I mean, look at those for example who can't even admit when trump beats his enemies (no china coal to north korea)

Let's see if the kids at home can recognize both boneheaded elements in this statement!

(Hint:  North Korea doesn't import coal from China anyway).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

Admiral Yi

Since there is currently a vacuum in the defense of Trump space, I'm going to make an effort.

If Donald's much reviled comment about only defending NATO allies that meet their defense spending obligation results in increased defense spending, that would have to be counted as a positive outcome.

celedhring

Weren't countries like Germany already slated for increases before Trump was elected? Russia's antics were the key driver on that regard.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on February 20, 2017, 03:11:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2017, 02:58:59 PMWhen will people give up this zero/sum view of world relations/economics?

What did Trump have to do with that?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on February 20, 2017, 04:07:37 PM
Weren't countries like Germany already slated for increases before Trump was elected? Russia's antics were the key driver on that regard.

Never heard about that.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2017, 03:52:00 PM
Since there is currently a vacuum in the defense of Trump space, I'm going to make an effort.

:ph34r:

QuoteIf Donald's much reviled comment about only defending NATO allies that meet their defense spending obligation results in increased defense spending, that would have to be counted as a positive outcome.

Fair. It'll have to be set against any negative outcomes from said comments as well, of course.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 20, 2017, 04:07:37 PM

Apparently that was the gist of Merkel's answer, a much more diplomatic sounding "We're already on it, geesh".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".