News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

He's definitely overstepping, but the "OMG this is EXACTLY what Hitler did" stuff on FB is getting tiring. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

LaCroix

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

I have to say I am impressed at how faithful spicey and croix are - no matter what he does, they are going to the wall for him. That kind of loyalty to a leader is very valuable.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 28, 2017, 08:45:39 PM
He's definitely overstepping, but the "OMG this is EXACTLY what Hitler did" stuff on FB is getting tiring.

Trump posted that on Twitter not Facebook.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

It's really fascinating.

They hide behind what they are doing - supporting a clearly bigoted and revolting violation of core American values by not cheering what he is doing, but rather cheering that he is "doing what he said".

It is such a nice cover for supporting bigotry against non-white, non-Christian, non-THEM.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 28, 2017, 08:45:39 PM

Just now? Pretty sure the President has been Hitler for the past 60 years.

Yeah I noted to one poster that there are plenty of right wing nutcases fucking up countries right NOW. No need to make comparison to one 80 years ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on January 28, 2017, 09:02:09 PM
I have to say I am impressed at how faithful spicey and croix are - no matter what he does, they are going to the wall for him. That kind of loyalty to a leader is very valuable.

Croix is just here to smugly tell us that the thing we are not actually saying is not true. He sure would put us in our place if we were doing what his dishonest posts claim we are doing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

Admiral Yi

Dakota is preparing to be a criminal defense attorney.  He knows his clients are guilty but he's looking for technicalities to get them off.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

it just applies to those on american soil (airports) who were going to be sent back. the ban is still in place. but, it'll be interesting to see if trump reacts

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on January 28, 2017, 09:45:43 PM
it just applies to those on american soil (airports) who were going to be sent back. the ban is still in place. but, it'll be interesting to see if trump reacts

He'll most and likely insult the judge. Yada.....Yada

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 28, 2017, 09:48:25 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 28, 2017, 09:45:43 PM

He'll most and likely insult the judge. Yada.....Yada

If these Executive Orders and White House counsel's definitions of supporting law is the best this crew can do, oh man, is it going to be a long 7 months.