News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 02, 2016, 09:16:35 PM
If Trump's as bad as people think, we could get that unrest, which would spur change. If he's better than expected, we won't. It's really that simple.
Could it even be possible?

If this is what you face when you mount a peaceful protest, I can hardly imagine what happens when there are widespread riots all over your country.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 11:44:14 AM
I thought Reagan proved the deficit doesn't matter?

Reagan proved that for economically significant countries with stable currencies the yield curve on sovereign debt doesn't inflect in the 60-80% of GDP range.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 08:09:11 AM
And this is what makes me so despairing. This should not be a partisan issues and since it is one of the things I want is probably truly fucked.

But it IS a big issue. Some votes shouldn't count more than others simply because where you live. No other election in the US is run this way.
It's the modern 3/5's compromise.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on December 02, 2016, 09:07:58 PM
Quick! To Twitter!

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  25m25 minutes ago
Interesting how the U.S. sells Taiwan billions of dollars of military equipment but I should not accept a congratulatory call.
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  1h1 hour ago
The President of Taiwan CALLED ME today to wish me congratulations on winning the Presidency. Thank you!

I think we can all agree the smart money is not on a best case Trump presidency.

This next 4 years would be so fun if then we could just wake up again in mid-2016.

celedhring

I love the spoiled brat tone after being scolded for something he thinks it is UNFAIR.  It's hilarious and scary at the same time.

Syt

I still expect him to throw a tantrum at some point in the next years and then resign like  a pouting toddler. "You're no fun! And so unfair!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Fuck the Chinese sensibility, what are they going to do? Not let him open a Trump Tower & get nuked out for it?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

That would be one thing I agree on...we should get rid of the sham of patronizing to China's butthurt-edness on the reality of Taiwan being an independent state.

DGuller

I remember reading that for a US president to talk to Chinese leader on the phone, you first have to go through a 50 minute ritual of affirming that you mean no harm to China, or something like that (forgot the details now).  I wonder if Trump is going to stick to the script.  :hmm:

Oexmelin

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 02, 2016, 09:04:57 PM
A lot of things can be said about derspiess, but not that he's shy about who he's voted for. If he voted for Trump, he'd admit brag about it.

It has very little to do with who derspiess actually voted for (though it was a jab at his "I would have voted Trump to stop Hilary" post) and much more about the fact that most of his political "sensibility", if you can call it that, actually jives pretty well with all that Trump represents and stands for.
Que le grand cric me croque !

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on December 03, 2016, 03:54:46 PM
I remember reading that for a US president to talk to Chinese leader on the phone, you first have to go through a 50 minute ritual of affirming that you mean no harm to China, or something like that (forgot the details now).  I wonder if Trump is going to stick to the script.  :hmm:

I think he's more concerned about leverage to use for trade concessions.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 03, 2016, 03:15:17 PM
That would be one thing I agree on...we should get rid of the sham of patronizing to China's butthurt-edness on the reality of Taiwan being an independent state.

While nobody gets a bigger hard-on than I do by poking the Chinese in the eye over Taiwan, it would really suck to find out that the North Korean Nuclear Crisis of 2019 could've been avoided by not being an ignorant douchebag with Chinese diplomatic sensitivities.  But I think we can toss out the entire concept of nuance in diplomacy for the foreseeable future :lol:

On the positive side, should be easy to identify the shadow Timmay will leave from the flash of the detonation by all the fused metalwork from his fucked up leg.

derspiess

Shocked.  Had Obama talked to the Taiwan president you'd have been totally on board, telling us how expert a move it was.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller