And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quick! To Twitter!

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  25m25 minutes ago
Interesting how the U.S. sells Taiwan billions of dollars of military equipment but I should not accept a congratulatory call.
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  1h1 hour ago
The President of Taiwan CALLED ME today to wish me congratulations on winning the Presidency. Thank you!

This next 4 years would be so fun if then we could just wake up again in mid-2016.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2016, 09:00:52 PM
Sell Taiwan the older Ticos. It'll be a YUGE deal.

The best Tico bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill.  I love Hispanics!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on December 02, 2016, 09:13:33 AM
The US is a pretty great country compared to most others, but that is mostly because the others have their own historical baggage to contend with as well - there is a real problem that we, meaning human societies, have yet to figure out how to make social, political, and economic advancement happen in a controlled, predictable manner. We simply have no idea how to implement new structures while maintaining the emotional faith in institutions that are necessary for rule of law and respect for those institutions. It seems like the only way we enact real structural political change is by radical violence and overthrow. There is little or no meaningful incremental change.

The US made meaningful peaceful changes to it's political and governing structure in the 1900-1910s, the 1930s and the 1960s with the progressive reforms and amendments, the New Deal and the Civil Rights Acts. They occurred because there was significant civil unrest within the country.

Despite how many people bitch on social media today and the fact that they have real serious problems, that kind of social unrest currently does not exist, and thus there has been no recent changes of similar magnitude.  If Trump's as bad as people think, we could get that unrest, which would spur change. If he's better than expected, we won't. It's really that simple.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Nigga you don't even live here anymore.  Fuck off.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 02, 2016, 07:11:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2016, 06:52:59 PM
:lol:Fuck, thank you Mr President-Elect, I haven't laughed this hard since before the election.

At this rate, moron's going to start a shooting war, and he's not even sworn in yet :lol:

He's just a big kid :D

Yeah, the kid in 7th grade that should actually be in 11th.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on December 02, 2016, 08:24:04 PM
You know, I by no means saying that Trump is a new Teddy Roosevelt, but people thought that Roosevelt was a loose cannon, too.

Teddy Roosevelt could afford to be a loose cannon in 1901. The United States in 2016 cannot.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on December 02, 2016, 09:07:58 PM
Quick! To Twitter!

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  25m25 minutes ago
Interesting how the U.S. sells Taiwan billions of dollars of military equipment but I should not accept a congratulatory call.
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  1h1 hour ago
The President of Taiwan CALLED ME today to wish me congratulations on winning the Presidency. Thank you!

This next 4 years would be so fun if then we could just wake up again in mid-2016.

Wow. This is happening.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

He's gonna get his twitter taken away, you know.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

He'll have a hidden blackberry in the can.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

This is good for Canada. If China cuts off trade The US needs NAFTA. always looks in the bright side :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 02, 2016, 09:31:35 PM

Clearly a day too late at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 02, 2016, 09:31:35 PM

He'll fire or improson anyone who tries.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 09:25:34 PM
Wow. This is happening.

Vitrification: To change or make into glass or a glassy substance, especially through heat fusion.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2016, 09:23:50 PM
Quote from: dps on December 02, 2016, 08:24:04 PM
You know, I by no means saying that Trump is a new Teddy Roosevelt, but people thought that Roosevelt was a loose cannon, too.

Teddy Roosevelt could afford to be a loose cannon in 1901. The United States in 2016 cannot.

He wasn't really a lose cannon when in office though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney