News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2016, 05:49:47 PM
It's true-- you've moved significantly to the left in the past decade.  So sad!

No, I think I've mostly stayed in place while the right whizzed off into stupid land. What is sad is that you are too ignorant to recognize it, and have just gone right along with them, to the extent that you are now actually supporting a man like Donald Trump, and trying desperately to justify it to yourself.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2016, 05:47:18 PM
:lmfao:

Yeah, that's Berkut, the leftist.
To be fair, you are a leftist.  Probably a touch more leftist than I am, actually, but either way in the same neighborhood.  You just tend to give the the right the benefit of doubt it really doesn't deserve, out of desire to remain balanced in a way that is misguided at times.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

TRUMP IS TEARING UP APART. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 03, 2016, 06:02:54 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2016, 05:47:18 PM
:lmfao:

Yeah, that's Berkut, the leftist.
To be fair, you are a leftist.  Probably a touch more leftist than I am, actually, but either way in the same neighborhood.  You just tend to give the the right the benefit of doubt it really doesn't deserve, out of desire to remain balanced in a way that is misguided at times.

I love that even in the face of Trump, you stay focused on the true priority: Making sure that the actual objective people are demonized more than the radicals on the other side.

You are just like the Muslim jihadist agreeing that killing Jews is great, but nothing beats killing an atheist.

0 rows returned

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2016, 05:50:05 PM
Calling Berkut a "leftist" just demonstrates how far off the map Dumbfuckistan really is these days.
Blew past the exit for FOX, and barreled down the ramp to the LaRouche rest stop.

Eh, you're thinking 2005 Berk, who was a pretty moderate/reasonable guy. He's been a Sandersite style lefty for years now.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2016, 05:54:16 PM
I remember when Raz called Berk a GOPtard. Good times.

I remember when he called himself "Mr. Republican".  That was during the Bush administration.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2016, 07:33:07 PM
I love that even in the face of Trump, you stay focused on the true priority: Making sure that the actual objective people are demonized more than the radicals on the other side.

You are just like the Muslim jihadist agreeing that killing Jews is great, but nothing beats killing an atheist.
:lol: What you are is not objective.  What you are is a judge who considers himself fair because he rules for the plaintiff half the time and rules for the defendant the other half the time.  You've been pretty subdued after a Trump victory, but we all knew it would only be a matter of time before you again became a self-important false balance windbag.

On a political scale, we're both moderate leftists.  I've also been an extremist anti-GOPer, but had less to do with my left wing ideology and more to do with love of democracy.  I didn't need Trump to see fascist strain running through America's right wing.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 03, 2016, 08:06:56 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2016, 07:33:07 PM

:lol: What you are is not objective.  What you are is a judge who considers himself fair because he rules for the plaintiff half the time and rules for the defendant the other half the time.  You've been pretty subdued after a Trump victory, but we all knew it would only be a matter of time before you again became a self-important false balance windbag.

On a political scale, we're both moderate leftists.  I've also been an extremist anti-GOPer, but had less to do with my left wing ideology and more to do with love of democracy.  I didn't need Trump to see fascist strain running through America's right wing.

THe problem with your theory is that I rather obviously do NOT rule for each side half the time.

But using that analogy, you are the judge who has never once met a innocent defendant, so why bother even listening to the trial?

It's not your fault that they are all guilty.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2016, 08:12:18 PM
THe problem with your theory is that I rather obviously do NOT rule for each side half the time.
Over the long run you do.  Even when you concede that the right wing went nuts lately, you also said that both sides alternate periods of nuttiness, and now it's right wing's turn.  If you can't do micro- false balance, you do macro- false balance.  Don't ask me to quote you, I won't do it, it's been some time ago, but I'm never wrong about remembering such things.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2016, 06:04:17 PM
Nah, just enjoying your meltdown :hug:

Yay, you've graduated from Racist Misogyny to Martinus-Level Troll.

CountDeMoney

On a political scale, we're both moderate leftists.

You really need to stop referring to your alt account in the first person. 

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2016, 10:19:03 PM
On a political scale, we're both moderate leftists.

You really need to stop referring to your alt account in the first person.
:huh: