And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on January 31, 2017, 02:43:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2017, 02:37:30 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politics/gorsuch-supreme-court-hardiman/index.html

QuoteTrump bringing Supreme Court favorites to Washington

As a college football fan, I've seen this game before. Recruits will sit down at a table with three hats of teams they are considering, and the hat they put on will be where they will go to school. They will carefully look over the three hats, as though in deep contemplation, and then pull out a fourth from under the table to put on.

I expect Trump will pull a similar trick, shocking everyone by passing over the three guys going to Washington, and having his sister walk out from behind stage as his selection.

I wouldn't rule it out, but she's really old - 79, 80 in April.  She's already retired as a Judge 6 years ago.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2017, 02:40:56 PM
Let's leave the nicknames to Yi.
they're fucking annoying with their constant nicknaming.  Never know who is it they're referring to.

So, who's or what's "hilldog"?  Hillary?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 31, 2017, 02:47:59 PM
I wouldn't rule it out, but she's really old - 79, 80 in April.  She's already retired as a Judge 6 years ago.

80 is the new 30. At least in Washington.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 31, 2017, 02:48:44 PM
they're fucking annoying with their constant nicknaming.  Never know who is it they're referring to.

Yes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on January 31, 2017, 02:47:59 PM
If she thinks Donald is a wonderful man and the best brother she could ever hoped for, then she's qualified, imho.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Obvs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

That one seems pretty obvious.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2017, 01:23:51 PM
I see.

I don't anything about lawyer things. Fed jobs don't seem that prestigious to me but then I live in Texas where government jobs are all well below private sector rates.

DOJ jobs are indeed very prestigious.  Also pay pretty well--not commensurate with BigLaw associates, I guess, but hardly anything is, and also DOJ jobs actually have a future, which most BigLaw associate gigs do not.

Of course, as I understand it, the RHSA was pretty prestigious too.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2017, 02:07:52 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 30, 2017, 09:21:01 AM

Also:
QuoteI have made my decision on who I will nominate for The United States Supreme Court. It will be announced live on Tuesday at 8:00 P.M. (W.H.)
LIVE from Washington - Who Wants To Be A Supreme Court Justice! Tuesday at 8 (9 Central), only on TrumpbartTV!

Seems Colbert and his team had the dame idea. Though their hype trailer is better. :D

https://youtu.be/JuSDet45aKI?list=PLiZxWe0ejyv80jeCnI61atnOaGKlLFkRt&t=606

Truckasaurus seems like a reasonable choice.  :P

Syt

I wonder how often each day Bannon is using the Constitution as a cum rag.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2017, 03:29:28 PM
I wonder how often each day Bannon is using the Constitution as a cum rag.

Seems like that would hurt, no?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Expensive drugs? It's the foreigners' fault!

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10158578663600725:0

QuoteToday I met with pharmaceutical executives at the White House.

US drug companies have produced extraordinary results for our country, but the pricing has been astronomical for our country. We have to do better. We have to get lower prices, we have to get even better innovation.

I expressed to the executives that I want them to move their companies back to the United States -- and I want them to manufacture in the United States.

Our trade policy will prioritize that foreign countries pay their fair share for U.S.-manufactured drugs, so our drug companies have greater financial resources to accelerate development of new cures -- I think that's so important!

Right now it's very unfair what other countries are doing to us - and in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN -- we all need to work together right here in the United States of America.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

QuoteI wonder how often each day Bannon is using the Constitution as a cum rag.

Well he did want to blow up everything as takes Lenin as his model. Supposedly.

See people think he is Hitler but in fact he is actually fighting for the other team.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2017, 03:43:02 PM
Expensive drugs? It's the foreigners' fault!

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10158578663600725:0

QuoteToday I met with pharmaceutical executives at the White House.

US drug companies have produced extraordinary results for our country, but the pricing has been astronomical for our country. We have to do better. We have to get lower prices, we have to get even better innovation.

I expressed to the executives that I want them to move their companies back to the United States -- and I want them to manufacture in the United States.

Our trade policy will prioritize that foreign countries pay their fair share for U.S.-manufactured drugs, so our drug companies have greater financial resources to accelerate development of new cures -- I think that's so important!

Right now it's very unfair what other countries are doing to us - and in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN -- we all need to work together right here in the United States of America.

I am actually kind of relieved he didn't attack them for their evil autism vaccines.