News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Valmy has a point.  You don't refuse allies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2017, 01:23:51 PM
Fed jobs don't seem that prestigious to me but then I live in Texas where government jobs are all well below private sector rates.

Don't.  Just don't.

CountDeMoney

LaCroix

CountDeMoney

Shut up.  Go serve the president, Marti.

LaCroix

gorsuch seems like a smart guy who'll do a good job

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on January 31, 2017, 08:10:53 PM
gorsuch seems like a smart guy who'll do a good job

Yeah, we said that a year ago for the last guy, but that was a nigger nomination.  So fuck this guy in his face in front of his wife.  Let's go with 8 on the court for four years, like Cruz said we would in September if Hillary had won.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2017, 08:13:44 PM
Yeah, we said that a year ago for the last guy, but that was a nigger nomination.  So fuck this guy in his face in front of his wife.  Let's go with 8 on the court for four years, like Cruz said we would in September if Hillary had won.

I don't think that is reasonable. The new standard is that if it is in an election year you can be an asshole. Let's not go crazy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Fate

Democrats will probably cave on this pick. But fuck the filibuster. Make the Republicans get rid of it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2017, 08:17:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2017, 08:13:44 PM

I don't think that is reasonable. The new standard is that if it is in an election year you can be an asshole. Let's not go crazy.

Yeah, we know it's not reasonable.  The GOP is not reasonable. 
And no, an election year wasn't going to be enough for this crowd.  Not with that flithy fucking dirty criminal corrupt cunt and her private email server making the picks.

If Clinton wins, more in GOP say no to full Supreme Court
BY Mary Clare Jalonick, Associated Press  November 1, 2016 at 4:54 PM EST
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/clinton-wins-gop-say-no-9-supreme-court/

Cruz: GOP may block Supreme Court nominees indefinitely
By Burgess Everett 10/26/16
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/cruz-supreme-court-blockade-230363

Republicans May Block Any Of Clinton's Supreme Court Nominees, McCain Says
So much for letting the people and the next president decide.
10/17/2016 02:53 pm ET
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-mccain-hillary-clinton-supreme-court_us_58050653e4b0162c043d4c9a

You think these people were kidding?   Wake the fuck up.   Not reasonable.  Where the fuck have you been.

LaCroix

the democrats shouldn't waste the public's goodwill on bs pettiness. the republicans at least could afford it because they win in local elections. now the democrats are just losers

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 31, 2017, 08:29:20 PM
the democrats shouldn't waste the public's goodwill on bs pettiness. the republicans at least could afford it because they win in local elections. now the democrats are just losers

So the way to win elections is to bend over and play by a different set of rules than your opponents that give them a permanent advantage? You are not really making your point here very well LaCroix. If the other party is beating you by using a different set of tactics it would seem wise to adopt those tactics. Letting them win to 'earn good will' makes no sense.

I was thinking of the good of the country here. But I guess you have convinced me to see the wisdom in Seedy's words.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on January 31, 2017, 08:29:20 PM

BS pettiness?

Come on, man...right now, derfetusfacefucker is getting his wife to fuck him in the ass in her Darth Vader helmet, repeating over and over, "Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the death of civil rights, and will soon see the end of women's reproductive choice," as she pounds him in his Brown Star's small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port.

There's nothing petty about tilting the court.