News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Barrister on July 13, 2024, 07:53:32 PMWell fuck.

I don't want political violence, and I don't want Trump assassinated.  I want Trump rejected by the US.

But you have to think this is only going to help him in the election.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. This is a small disaster, really. Remember when his soulmate Bolsonaro was stabbed in the running up to the Brazilian elections?

HisMajestyBOB

On the other hand, the Biden campaign is reportedly suspending all campaign ads, which doesn't seem like a winning move.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

Trump will get a brief sympathy bump but I don't think this will have any effect on the election. Nobody is going to switch their vote because of a failed assassination attempt.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 13, 2024, 06:11:29 PMI bet it is a Muslim shooter, they know when Trump is back their adventures in Gaza w/Iran are coming to an end.

Eh, the supposed shooter is plastered all over twitter with Elon Musk commenting under his very, very headshot and deceased pic. You tell me if he looks straight outta MENA.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Maladict

OttoVonBismarck

Interesting, the shooter has been preliminarily identified (lower tier "real" media like NY Post) as Thomas Matthew Crooks, age 20, registered Republican. He apparently was wearing a "Demolition Ranch" shirt. Demo Ranch is a huge YouTube channel that features guys who own a big rural property and use it to test fire a ton of guns (often exotic) for their viewers, they largely don't get into politics and maintain an apolitical stance, but there is a certain demo that is their bread and butter.

Weird on spec, not what you would expect as a Trump wannabe assassin.

Probably just your run of the mill mentally ill.

Zoupa

This dude is probably being mocked by Booth and Princip in the afterlife.

Admiral Yi

Footage of Trump getting zinged and post shooting statement.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on July 13, 2024, 11:29:13 PMThis dude is probably being mocked by Booth and Princip in the afterlife.

Highly initial reports does make it seem like he's more in the John Hinkley Jr range of wanna-be assassins.

But I feel bad making any kind of guesses this early on. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on July 13, 2024, 09:15:55 PMTrump will get a brief sympathy bump but I don't think this will have any effect on the election. Nobody is going to switch their vote because of a failed assassination attempt.

Maybe but for those who it matters, the imagery does add to Trump is more vigorous than Biden math.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 13, 2024, 11:20:20 PMInteresting, the shooter has been preliminarily identified (lower tier "real" media like NY Post) as Thomas Matthew Crooks, age 20, registered Republican. He apparently was wearing a "Demolition Ranch" shirt. Demo Ranch is a huge YouTube channel that features guys who own a big rural property and use it to test fire a ton of guns (often exotic) for their viewers, they largely don't get into politics and maintain an apolitical stance, but there is a certain demo that is their bread and butter.

Oh no! Your moment of bigotry was spoiled. :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2024, 02:30:09 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 13, 2024, 11:20:20 PMInteresting, the shooter has been preliminarily identified (lower tier "real" media like NY Post) as Thomas Matthew Crooks, age 20, registered Republican. He apparently was wearing a "Demolition Ranch" shirt. Demo Ranch is a huge YouTube channel that features guys who own a big rural property and use it to test fire a ton of guns (often exotic) for their viewers, they largely don't get into politics and maintain an apolitical stance, but there is a certain demo that is their bread and butter.

Oh no! Your moment of bigotry was spoiled. :cry:

Josquius

Very surprising news.
I expect a lot of conspiracies on this one. It really does seem so absolutely perfect for the trumpies.
Enhances trumps tough guy image, builds up the projectionist nonsense about the violence and anti democratic leanings of the left /deep state / woke.

I do wonder what brand of crazy led to this considering he's very much from the trump supporting demographics.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

QuoteTrump urges Americans to 'stand united' after assassination attempt
Donald Trump has published his second statement on the Truth Social social media platform since the Pennsylvania shooting on Saturday. In it, the former Republican president said he looks forward to speaking from Wisconsin where the Republican National Convention will be held this week.

"In this moment, it is more important than ever that we stand united, and show our true character as Americans, remaining strong and determined," Trump wrote.

One funny thing about Trump is that you can always tell when it wasn't him writing something.