What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2020, 02:30:16 PM
Isn't Axios the doctored-video media company Joan mentioned in reference to the Erie PA postal worker? :unsure:
I think that Veritas? :hmm:

Axios is where Jonathan Swann is - he's the guy who did the interview with Trump on HBO. I think they're run by the guys who founded Politico after they sold that. I quite like Axios - it normally gets to the point:
https://www.axios.com/
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1326309985031249926?s=20

QuoteBAIER: You were asked about the concerns about a smooth transition and you said there will be a smooth transition to a 2nd Trump term. Were you being serious?

POMPEO: We will have a smooth transition and we will see what people ultimately decided when the votes have been cast.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2020, 02:40:06 PM
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1326309985031249926?s=20

QuoteBAIER: You were asked about the concerns about a smooth transition and you said there will be a smooth transition to a 2nd Trump term. Were you being serious?

POMPEO: We will have a smooth transition and we will see what people ultimately decided when the votes have been cast.

This is quite a step back from his previous statement, which was something like after all the legal votes have been counted I'm confident Trump will be our president.

Tamas

I think the DoD appointments are about handing out some juucy supplier contracts to some chums pronto.

merithyn

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 11, 2020, 02:15:52 PM
I'm seeing some speculation (on Axios) that Trump's changes at the DoD may be to rush troop withdrawals from Syria, Afghanistan and Korea (and possibly Germany) which is something Trump's wanted to do for ages but feels blocked by people who are "managing him" in the DoD. So he's appointing full loyalists (no Senate approval required because they're "acting" and won't be here long) to help actually deliver on this :ph34r:

CNN is also saying this is a very real possibility.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

https://www.newsweek.com/proud-boys-based-stickman-enrique-tarrio-goys-1546597

QuoteProud Boys Infighting Sees Leading Member Form Breakaway Group to Fight 'White Genocide'

Infighting has broken out between two leading members of the Proud Boys group, with one announcing he will be taking control of the far-right organisation to address "White Genocide" and the "failures of multiculturalism."

White nationalist Kyle Chapman—who set up the "tactical defense arm" of the Proud Boys, the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights (FOAK)—has criticized the group's chairman Enrique Tarrio while announcing a so-called rebranding of the organization.

Writing on encrypted messaging app Telegram, Chapman used racial slurs against Tarrio and other neo-Nazi rhetoric while announcing that the "grifting leaders" had been deposed and the group would be renamed the Proud Goys. The term "goy"—a Hebrew word for a non-Jewish person—is sometimes used by white supremacists to signal their anti-Semitic beliefs, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"Due to the recent failure of Proud Boy Chairman Enrique Tarrio to conduct himself with honor and courage on the battlefield, it has been decided that I Kyle Chapman reassume my post as President of Proud Boys effective immediately," Chapman wrote. "Our logo will forthwith be changed to reflect the core beliefs of Proud Boy members.

"We will no longer kind and sensitive person to the left by appointing token negroes as our leaders. We will no longer allow homosexuals or other 'undesirables' into our ranks. We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization.

"We recognize that the West was built by the White Race alone and we owe nothing to any other race."

Chapman, who goes by the nickname "Based Stickman" after he was photographed beating a protester with a stick at a Trump rally in Berkeley, California, in March 2017, went on to say the Proud Goys would fight for white people to "have their own countries where White interests are written into law."

The civil war within the Proud Boys started when Kyle Chapman, the founder of the Proud Boys' so-called "tactical defense arm," sent out a message to supporters that he no longer wanted to pretend that he wasn't a white nationalist.

"Due to the recent failure of Proud Boy Chairman Enrique Tarrio to conduct himself with honor and courage on the battlefield, it has been decided that I Kyle Chapman reassume my post as President of Proud Boys effective immediately," Chapman wrote. "We will no longer kind and sensitive person to the left by appointing token negroes as our leaders. We will no longer allow homosexuals or other 'undesirables' into our ranks. We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization."

He also made clear that he believed talk of defending "Western Civilization" was really just a racist dog whistle all along.

"We recognize that the West was built by the White Race alone and we owe nothing to any other race," he wrote.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Just a kind and sensitive person to the left! And then a step to the ri-i-i-ight.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

The far-right biker gang of Hungary is also called the Goy Bikers. Is that a right-wing thing then?

DGuller

I have to say, it seems a little out of character for the Proud Boys to refer to kind and sensitive people.

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on November 11, 2020, 03:35:30 PM
The far-right biker gang of Hungary is also called the Goy Bikers. Is that a right-wing thing then?

I would imagine it's a fascism thing - alluding to anti-semitism. "Goy" is a derogatory Yiddish word for a non-Jew (the more polite English term is "gentile").

I could think of a few other choice words in Yiddish that they can use to describe themselves since they enjoy Yiddish so much, like "meshugga" or "schmuck" ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2020, 03:54:45 PM
I could think of a few other choice words in Yiddish that they can use to describe themselves since they enjoy Yiddish so much, like "meshugga"

Proud Djentlemen?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2020, 03:54:45 PM
I would imagine it's a fascism thing - alluding to anti-semitism. "Goy" is a derogatory Yiddish word for a non-Jew (the more polite English term is "gentile").

I could think of a few other choice words in Yiddish that they can use to describe themselves since they enjoy Yiddish so much, like "meshugga" or "schmuck" ...

I thought goy was the neutral term and shiksa was the pejorative.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould