What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: DGuller on November 11, 2020, 09:45:12 AM
There are two things I don't get about Melania obsession:  why would you think that she's secretly disapproving of Trump, and why would anyone give a shit?  There are a lot more interesting and useful minds to read, I don't get why so much energy has been expended to read that one.

I think a lot of people like to see her as being some kind of captive trying to break free, when in reality she's probably just as despicable as Trump.

Solmyr

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 10, 2020, 10:56:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2020, 10:52:48 PM
How hard will it be to remove all these people once Biden gets into office?

A dismissal letter, done.

It might be even easier.  Don't all political appointees submit letters of resignation when a new administration comes in?  Just scrawl "accepted!" on the bottom of the letter and fax back a copy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

You believe Trump's appointees will do that?

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on November 11, 2020, 11:39:50 AM
You believe Trump's appointees will do that?

It is possible that, absent the President telling them that they are to stay on for some set amount of time, their appointment automatically lapses at noon on Jan 20.  In any case, no one will pay any attention to what they say or order, lest the subordinates lose their own jobs for listening to someone not appointed to the job.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

"Hey some guy just yelled at me for not finding more voter fraud, who was that"

"Oh, don't worry about him. We let him hang around because his doctors told us it would be too traumatic for him to learn the 2020 election is over."

As pictured in Cel's post below.

DGuller

I think the best thing anyone can do right now is to convince Trump that he should run in 2024.  That may both convince him to let this one go, and also to not scorch the earth on his way out, given that he's sure to come back in four years.

celedhring

January 21, 2048

After the inauguration of President Taylor Swift's second term, nobody has yet told the last member of Trump's White House staff that he should leave the premises.

Admiral Yi

All the denial and desperate clinging on is actually increasing my pleasure.

fromtia

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2020, 01:30:17 PM

Four Seasons Total Landscaping doesn't seem possible, but it was. I felt like I was watching Repo Man. They'll be back in 24 though.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

crazy canuck

Quote from: fromtia on November 11, 2020, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2020, 01:30:17 PM

Four Seasons Total Landscaping doesn't seem possible, but it was. I felt like I was watching Repo Man. They'll be back in 24 though.

More like a bad sitcom, but yep.

Sheilbh

I'm seeing some speculation (on Axios) that Trump's changes at the DoD may be to rush troop withdrawals from Syria, Afghanistan and Korea (and possibly Germany) which is something Trump's wanted to do for ages but feels blocked by people who are "managing him" in the DoD. So he's appointing full loyalists (no Senate approval required because they're "acting" and won't be here long) to help actually deliver on this :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 11, 2020, 02:15:52 PM
I'm seeing some speculation (on Axios) that Trump's changes at the DoD may be to rush troop withdrawals from Syria, Afghanistan and Korea (and possibly Germany) which is something Trump's wanted to do for ages but feels blocked by people who are "managing him" in the DoD. So he's appointing full loyalists (no Senate approval required because they're "acting" and won't be here long) to help actually deliver on this :ph34r:

Isn't Axios the doctored-video media company Joan mentioned in reference to the Erie PA postal worker? :unsure: