What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Cool.

This might be the craziest lame duck period since 1860-1861.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fromtia

Quote from: DGuller on November 10, 2020, 09:49:07 PM

As a citizen of a democratic country, surely one of your more basic duties is to not go "meh, lol" when someone tries to pull off a coup of some kind.

I don't think anyone is going "meh lol". I hate Donald Trump, I hate his wretched family, especially the waxy boy Prince. I don't think he's an anomaly who somehow captured the GOP, he's the logical fruit of their decades long politics come home to roost*. I don't think a coup is in the offing, he's not personally capable, the people around him aren't that smart and there is no mechanism for him to achieve a coup. The Proud Boys?

He's bad - bad because he's revealed a possibility that we all rightly fear, a long warned against slide into authorotarianism and away from Democracy, but that hasn't happened yet, and Trump isn't the man to deliver the nightmare.

He's going to fuck around saying stupid shit and doing stupid things for a hot minute, then, thankfully hes going to leave office.

We do have Trump TV to look forward to.

*we should have a mixed metaphor contest.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

I wouldn't be surprised to see him firing people at the top of the FBI and intelligence services as well.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

According to my mom and who knows which magazine she read it on, Melania would be waiting until they're out of the White House to ask for divorce.

Sheilbh

Didn't she re-negotiate her pre-nup before she moved into the White House? :hmm:

That strikes me as plausible.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 11, 2020, 07:21:14 AM
According to my mom and who knows which magazine she read it on, Melania would be waiting until they're out of the White House to ask for divorce.

Your mom reads the same magazine as my mom.  :lol:

I think all of this "Melania secretly disapproves everything Trump is and does" is wishful thinking.

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on November 11, 2020, 07:40:31 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 11, 2020, 07:21:14 AM

Your mom reads the same magazine as my mom.  :lol:

I think all of this "Melania secretly disapproves everything Trump is and does" is wishful thinking.

I'm also trying to figure out why it matters?  Do they just like Melania and want someone who voluntarily married Donald Trump to be a good person?

Sheilbh

I totally agree. But I think four years of being First Lady is probably not what she signed up for. I believe this is already his longest marriage.

I don't think she gives a fuck what Trump does, but I don't think she particularly wanted to be in a role where she has to pretend about charities or do public events. It was more of the doing the red carpet before the inevitable divorce and pay-out.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

The tabloids of Donald's post-presidency are going to be insane  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 11, 2020, 07:27:57 AM
Didn't she re-negotiate her pre-nup before she moved into the White House? :hmm:

That strikes me as plausible.

No idea, the only thing I remember from her before moving into the White House were some rumours about how dissappointed she was for not being able to take advantage of her First Lady status for commercial purposes or something like that, as she expected to exploit her status for economic advantage. That and how she wanted to delay for as long as possible to physically move into the White House as she preferred to stay in New York.

Quote from: celedhring on November 11, 2020, 07:40:31 AMYour mom reads the same magazine as my mom.  :lol:

Maybe.  :lol: She must have read it online somewhere, so who knows.

QuoteI think all of this "Melania secretly disapproves everything Trump is and does" is wishful thinking.

It is complete wishful thinking, and her recordings bitching about the criticism for the Christmas decorations and related topics prove it. She's just as craven, soul-less and materialistic as the rest of the Trump clan. The fact that she might have grown to dislike Trump himself over time doesn't make her a good person.

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 11, 2020, 07:49:36 AM
I totally agree. But I think four years of being First Lady is probably not what she signed up for. I believe this is already his longest marriage.

I don't think she gives a fuck what Trump does, but I don't think she particularly wanted to be in a role where she has to pretend about charities or do public events. It was more of the doing the red carpet before the inevitable divorce and pay-out.

Absolutely. I guess that when she married Trump she just expected to be a NY socialite/trophy wife, certainly not a First Lady. Doing a quick check on wiki it seems that they've been married for 15 years already, the same time he was married to his first wife Ivana, so maybe they're already reaching their due date. I guess that with the Stormy Daniels affaire she has enough material to claim infidelity for the divorce, right?

Syt

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326519025552265216?s=20

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The Fake Pollsters at @ABC/@washingtonpost  produced a possibly illegal suppression Poll just before the Election showing me down 17 points in Wisconsin when, in fact, on Election Day, the race was even - & we are now preparing to win the state. Many such "deplorable" instances!

2:35 PM · Nov 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Is he saying it's illegal to publicly lie? :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

There are two things I don't get about Melania obsession:  why would you think that she's secretly disapproving of Trump, and why would anyone give a shit?  There are a lot more interesting and useful minds to read, I don't get why so much energy has been expended to read that one.