What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

If it turns out that Pence (hypothetically) was the one behind the NY Times Op Ed, can Trump fire him? Are there precedents of Presidents removing Vice Presidents from the position?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2018, 12:22:34 AM
Jesus Fucking Christ.

The American people made a huge mistake. We deserve this dysfunction and utter incompetence.

We got what we voted for, and we're getting it hard and deep.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 06, 2018, 06:24:47 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on September 06, 2018, 02:40:35 AM
Man, working in the White House sounds like a hoot right now.

Watch the movie "The Thing" for a good look into what is happening there right now  :ph34r:

Which version?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 06, 2018, 06:27:10 AM
If it turns out that Pence (hypothetically) was the one behind the NY Times Op Ed, can Trump fire him? Are there precedents of Presidents removing Vice Presidents from the position?

I think not, VPOTUS is an elected position, so he doesn't serve at the president's pleasure. Yanks will know best, though.

Valmy

No, you cannot fire the VP. It is one of the reasons Presidents typically keep their VPs at arms length and why the situation with Cheney was so unique.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

The Usage of Random capitalization in the First one is driving Me nuts.

The Minsky Moment

"Lodestar" is the term used to describe the most frequently employed method for awarding attorney's fees to class action plaintiffs counsel, so in my experience, it's a pretty commonly used term.  :)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 06, 2018, 10:30:12 AM
"Lodestar" is the term used to describe the most frequently employed method for awarding attorney's fees to class action plaintiffs counsel, so in my experience, it's a pretty commonly used term.  :)

So is there anyone in the administration who is an experienced class action plaintiffs counsel?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2018, 11:03:10 AM
So is there anyone in the administration who is an experienced class action plaintiffs counsel?

Doubt it but there are probably a couple of defendants in there, including Trump himself
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tonitrus

Isn't that the modern way of diluting a news story?  Meme/mock the heck out of it until it goes away, soon no one takes it seriously, and eventually forget what the original story was.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2018, 11:47:35 AM
Seems like parodies of that anonymous are pretty popular right now:

As an attempt to discredit the situation and spread lies and misinformation. I am so tired of that shit. Fuck the internet and its memes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Hey Admiral Yi, you're in Iowa right? Are you seeing or hearing any impact from the trade war on the local economy and the local political climate?

Tamas

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
Isn't that the modern way of diluting a news story?  Meme/mock the heck out of it until it goes away, soon no one takes it seriously, and eventually forget what the original story was.

:yes: