What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2018, 10:06:01 PM
Of those folks?  Goodbye Bolton.

QuoteSanders is loyal to Trump's vision for the country because she shares it. When she may disagree on a personal level, her loyalty is motivated by a long game that holds Trump as a useful tool. Sander's evangelical faith is her lodestar; according to her husband, Bryan Sanders, "she liked what he was saying about abortion and religious liberty, as well as the types of judges he was promising to appoint, including to the Supreme Court."

https://theslot.jezebel.com/the-complicity-of-sarah-huckabee-sanders-1825597216

We got a winner!

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Ooh, a jezebel.com article.  Too bad xojane isn't active anymore.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I know people in the White house intentionally imitate each other's speech patterns when leaking to the press.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2018, 09:51:06 AM

Minsky is making fun of Tim by saying this means this writer at jezebel.com is the leak! Not that we should read a jezebel.com article. Fuck Spicey. Try to catch up before you knee-jerk.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

The Minsky Moment

Really I'm just making fun of the whole mole hunt hysteria, like everyone else.  I don't even know what jezebel is.

But xojane is my lodestar.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

That is, indeed, one of the worst articles ever written.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

What people need to understand when Trump says crap about "stronger libel laws" is that the reason why libel cases are hard to bring in the US has little to do with the content of the libel law itself (which in most states is just inherited from English common law). It's because the First Amendment sharply circumscribes that body of law and how it can be applied.

the only way to make it easier to sue for libel is to scrap, ignore or amend the Constitution.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2018, 10:29:27 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2018, 09:51:06 AM

Minsky is making fun of Tim by saying this means this writer at jezebel.com is the leak! Not that we should read a jezebel.com article. Fuck Spicey. Try to catch up before you knee-jerk.

What did Tim do this time?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 07, 2018, 09:19:58 AM
Tim means appointing more than 9 justices.

Yeah, there's no constitutional mandate that there be nine justices.

Although, dems might be able to nail Kavanaugh on perjury if they flip the house.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/07/perjury-kavanaugh-liberal-groups-811254
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Sure, right after they try Jeff Sessions for forgetting his meetings with Russian ambassador.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 07, 2018, 11:15:42 PM
Sure, right after they try Jeff Sessions for forgetting his meetings with Russian ambassador.
Do they have emails of Session discussing that meeting? Do they have motive to do so as long as he recuses himself from the Mueller investigation? No and no.

How is the situation of the two men in anyway similar?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 07, 2018, 11:03:45 PM
Although, dems might be able to nail Kavanaugh on perjury if they flip the house.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/07/perjury-kavanaugh-liberal-groups-811254

It's NARAL and Moveon for Jesus Fucking Sake Timmy.  Develop a goddamn filter will ya.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 07, 2018, 11:03:45 PM

It's NARAL and Moveon for Jesus Fucking Sake Timmy.  Develop a goddamn filter will ya.

The emails have been released by the senate dems and they directly and clearly contradict Kavanaugh's sworn testimony.

1 Karma Chameleon point