What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Is this for real?

Quote from: Donald Trump on TwitterKim Jong Un of North Korea proclaims "unwavering faith in President Trump." Thank you to Chairman Kim. We will get it done together!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037656324010663937

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2018, 01:08:18 PM
Is this for real?

Quote from: Donald Trump on TwitterKim Jong Un of North Korea proclaims "unwavering faith in President Trump." Thank you to Chairman Kim. We will get it done together!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037656324010663937

So apparently at his summit with Kim in Singapore Trump promised that he's sign a peace treaty with North Korea, without conditions.

But now further negotiations with North Korea are at am impasse because whenever the US asks NK to do anything about nukes they get the response of "your president promised to sign a peace treaty."

So I can fully imagine Kim writing to Trump about his "unwaivering faith" in Trump to do what Trump promised.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2018, 12:06:18 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2018, 11:47:35 AM
Seems like parodies of that anonymous are pretty popular right now:

As an attempt to discredit the situation and spread lies and misinformation. I am so tired of that shit. Fuck the internet and its memes.

The Fredo one was kinda funny :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
Hey Admiral Yi, you're in Iowa right? Are you seeing or hearing any impact from the trade war on the local economy and the local political climate?

I don't know any farmers, and I've pretty much given up on discussing Trump with folks because they get too defensive.

derspiess

TRUE FACT: I know a pig farmer that loves Trump.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 06, 2018, 01:42:04 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
Hey Admiral Yi, you're in Iowa right? Are you seeing or hearing any impact from the trade war on the local economy and the local political climate?

I don't know any farmers, and I've pretty much given up on discussing Trump with folks because they get too defensive.

Fair enough.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

No, but it's how I get rid of spent grain :contract:

Which is kind of like bodies-- little bodies of dead barley.

Jacob

Former Trump surrogate on CNN takes on role at RT: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/ex-trump-surrogate-scottie-nell-hughes-takes-job-kremlin-backed-propaganda-outlet-rt/

Amusingly enough, she's retweeting George Galloway approvingly.

Strange bedfellows.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2018, 04:47:45 PM
Former Trump surrogate on CNN takes on role at RT: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/ex-trump-surrogate-scottie-nell-hughes-takes-job-kremlin-backed-propaganda-outlet-rt/

Amusingly enough, she's retweeting George Galloway approvingly.

Strange bedfellows.

People who can be bought often end up in bed together.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PJL

George Galloway also thinks Sadiq Khan is a worse London Mayor than Boris Johnson was.

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

Did Pence say he would not resist his lodestar?

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2018, 12:06:18 PM
As an attempt to discredit the situation and spread lies and misinformation. I am so tired of that shit. Fuck the internet and its memes.

Who do you think is attempting to discredit the author of the op-ed like this?  Trumpeters aren't smart enough.  Democrats have to love the burn on Trump.  The Republican leadership has to love the fact that this story allows Republican voters who have buyers remorse re: Trump that they can still, in good conscience, vote for their lickspittle Senators and Congressmen because "adults" will make it moot that those lickspittles will never, ever exercise their constitutional duties.

Who's left?  Putin's got to feel good that 50% of the American voters think HE was behind "anonymous."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Better conspiracy theory:  "Anonymous" is really Trump himself.