What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

As long as Tim dosen't do his thing, pretty much the only way for Dems is up at this point.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on August 17, 2018, 03:30:00 PM
As long as Tim dosen't do his thing, pretty much the only way for Dems is up at this point.  :hmm:

It is not over until its over. Lots of close elections would have to go our way for that prediction to bear out and 25% is still a good chance for success. Democratic voters still have to show up and we kind of suck ass at that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Ban him until the midterms are over.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 17, 2018, 03:36:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2018, 03:06:21 PM
You guys are jinxing the jinx.  Stop it!

Yeah? You want Trump reelected?

I'd have to see what the alternative would be.  In 2020.  Why would I root against my own party here in 2018?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2018, 03:55:56 PM
I'd have to see what the alternative would be.  In 2020.  Why would I root against my own party here in 2018?

Because you think it'd be good to have a check on some of the things they've been doing?

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on August 17, 2018, 03:34:08 PM

Ban him until the midterms are over.

Hmmm, food for thought.

PDH

You know I am all for banning Tim, but the other thing we need to remember is....wait, there is no other thing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maximus

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on August 17, 2018, 03:36:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2018, 03:06:21 PM
You guys are jinxing the jinx.  Stop it!

Yeah? You want Trump reelected?

:hmm: There are other rooting interests here.  Which country is your favorite?

Habbaku

Pretty sure he has to say Argentina. That's not a fair question.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on August 17, 2018, 05:18:11 PM
Pretty sure he has to say Argentina. That's not a fair question.
What's the second rooting interest, in case Argentina gets knocked out by England in the quarterfinal?

Berkut

Why would I root against my own party here in 2018?

Because you think your country is more important than your party.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on August 18, 2018, 03:06:29 PM

Sure, but if he doesn't agree with the party's take on what's best for the country, why would he call them his party?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 18, 2018, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 18, 2018, 03:06:29 PM

Sure, but if he doesn't agree with the party's take on what's best for the country, why would he call them his party?

You can be a member of a political party and not agree with all of their policies or candidates. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.