What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

He doesn't have to support *all* their candidates, but if he's not supporting a majority(I.e. keeping the House majority), he's not much of a Republican.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I believe the only requirement to be a Republican is that you tick a box on your voter registration form. :smarty:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, I'm a Democrat now but I'm not so sold on the Dems holding as much 'power' as say they did when Obama first became president. Though it is clear the current Republican party is the bigger mess, so maybe I am sold. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

In other poorly phrased statements:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/19/giuliani-truth-todd-trump-788161

Quote"Truth isn't truth," Rudy Giuliani told Chuck Todd on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday morning.

Giuliani, speaking as a lawyer for President Donald Trump, was trying to clarify why the president should not testify for special counsel Robert Mueller for fear of being trapped into a lie that could lead to a perjury charge.

"When you tell me that, you know, he should testify because he's going to tell the truth and he shouldn't worry, well that's so silly because it's somebody's version of the truth. Not the truth," Giuliani told Todd.

"Truth is truth," Todd responded.

"No, it isn't truth," Giuliani said. "Truth isn't truth. The President of the United States says, "I didn't ..."

Todd answered: "Truth isn't truth?"

Giuliani: "No, no."

Todd said: "This is going to become a bad meme."

:D

Eddie Teach

Rudy can't blame it on phrasing, his argument would sound ridiculous no matter how well put.

Berkut

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 18, 2018, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 18, 2018, 03:06:29 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2018, 03:55:56 PM
Why would I root against my own party here in 2018?

Because you think your country is more important than your party.

Sure, but if he doesn't agree with the party's take on what's best for the country, why would he call them his party?

Because you are smart enough to realize that even though you might support the fundamentals of your parties philosophy, the current realization of that has become so twisted and broken that supporting it anyway is tantamount to a betrayal of our country.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

I don't think they are at odds with the party's basic philosophy. I'm no fan of social Darwinism and laissez faire capitalism, but if I was I'd think the GOP was doing a bang-up job.

Syt

So apparently Trump has advocated at a fundraisers for replacing wind energy with coal, because windmills kill too many birds. I should not be surprised at this any more but here I am ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on August 20, 2018, 12:39:44 PM
So apparently Trump has advocated at a fundraisers for replacing wind energy with coal, because windmills kill too many birds. I should not be surprised at this any more but here I am ...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-says-windmills-are-bird-killers-he-tries-revive-coal-industry-1079910
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Alright so somehow he is managing to disappoint me despite my already very low expectations.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tonitrus

Windmills are ugly and should eventually be replaced by solar anyway.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 20, 2018, 01:20:52 PM
Windmills are ugly and should eventually be replaced by solar anyway.  :P

They are lovely! Look how the Dutch feel about them.

garbon

They are an iconic part of the Palm Springd experience. :angry:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.