What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Nice to see the President of the United States refer to our justice system like that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

He's awake alright

Michael Cohen plead guilty to two counts of campaign finance violations that are not a crime. President Obama had a big campaign finance violation and it was easily settled!

QuoteA large number of counts, ten, could not even be decided in the Paul Manafort case. Witch Hunt!

Valmy

He pled guilty to something that is not a crime? Well he should be alright then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

"President Obama had a big campaign finance violation and it was easily settled!"

I wonder if this is something that actually happened? Because I know from the moment of this Tweet it has become a fact for a significant portion of the world population who will repeat it enough so that the rest of the world will repeat it as a fact as well in short time, I just want to know if it's real before it becomes real.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
"President Obama had a big campaign finance violation and it was easily settled!"

I wonder if this is something that actually happened? Because I know from the moment of this Tweet it has become a fact for a significant portion of the world population who will repeat it enough so that the rest of the world will repeat it as a fact as well in short time, I just want to know if it's real before it becomes real.

I have no idea what he is talking about. I have no idea what he even means by 'settled'. Was this violation settled in a civil court case for some reason? Why would that be? Is Trump saying Obama got a plea bargain? No clue.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2018, 08:47:54 AM

I have no idea what he is talking about.

Presidential campaigns are huge, they all rack up hundreds or thousands of small violations, but it's stuff like making typos, missing deadlines by 48 hours, etc. IIRC Trump and Obama both had more than a thousand such violations, as long as they offer quick corrections it doesn't matter. Very different than purposefully evading the law with hundred grand payments.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2018, 08:47:54 AM

I have no idea what he is talking about. I have no idea what he even means by 'settled'. Was this violation settled in a civil court case for some reason? Why would that be? Is Trump saying Obama got a plea bargain? No clue.

You are shit out of luck then because the Giant Obama Campaign Fraud will be a leading conversation topic among pro-Trump people for the next few weeks.

Valmy

I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that if you are pro-Trump, despite everything he has said and done, then there is probably no point to me trying to convince you otherwise.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Maladict on August 22, 2018, 08:39:52 AM
He's awake alright

Michael Cohen plead guilty to two counts of campaign finance violations that are not a crime. President Obama had a big campaign finance violation and it was easily settled!

QuoteA large number of counts, ten, could not even be decided in the Paul Manafort case. Witch Hunt!

Donald Trump is a stupid man who says stupid things. It is well known that Twitter brings out the worst (best?) of this quality. And yet after 3 years of such nonsense, he still has not lost his capacity to surprise.  No matter how many stupid things he has said in the past, he nonetheless finds a way to top himself.

Bravo Donald.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

I don't think there is a bottom for this guy. If he loses in 2020, he might have to be forcibly removed from the WH. He's that childish IMO.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on August 22, 2018, 11:46:51 AM
I don't think there is a bottom for this guy. If he loses in 2020, he might have to be forcibly removed from the WH. He's that childish IMO.

That's fine. No one will be reporting to him so they can forcibly remove him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2018, 09:00:22 AM
I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that if you are pro-Trump, despite everything he has said and done, then there is probably no point to me trying to convince you otherwise.

Yeah, there are no words that will make them suddenly start using their brains.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Cohen must a terrible lawyer to take a plea for things that aren't even crimes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2018, 12:11:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2018, 09:00:22 AM

Yeah, there are no words that will make them suddenly start using their brains.

the local CBC radio morning show booked an American to talk about Cohen's guilty plea, by accident they booked a Trumpist.   It was illuminating to hear the guest go on at length about how the guilty plea does not implicate the president at all.  There was much talk about how guilty Hillary is for something or other that was ill defined.