The Presidential Debate, "Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 26, 2016, 06:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

And more from CNN:

Kids review the presidential debate: Candidates didn't 'play nice'

QuoteIf she treated her siblings or friends the way she thinks the candidates treated each other at the debate, Riya said, she would be grounded for a week or maybe longer.

Mihir Tanguturi, a sixth-grader, said he would probably be punished too and wouldn't have the friendships he has today. "I definitely wouldn't have many friends at all, and they would know that I wasn't a very nice person."

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

So the apparent Trump supporter excuse is going to be that it was rigged, because Trump was asked about stuff like Birtherism and climate change denial but Hillary was not asked about Benghazi and her email.

It goes to show how effective this kind of propaganda is - people like Trump supporters, and even people who are faking not being Trump supporters under the guise of just not likeing Hillary, fall for this kind of equivalence.

A serious and intellectually honest moderator should vette his potential questions for relevance and basic factual accuracy. It would be a poor job on his part if he chose to ask questions about things he simply knew were objectively false, regardless of whether or not it would give him the appearance of objectivity at the expense of actual objectivity.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Savonarola on September 27, 2016, 08:15:06 PM
And more from CNN:

Kids review the presidential debate: Candidates didn't 'play nice'

QuoteIf she treated her siblings or friends the way she thinks the candidates treated each other at the debate, Riya said, she would be grounded for a week or maybe longer.

Mihir Tanguturi, a sixth-grader, said he would probably be punished too and wouldn't have the friendships he has today. "I definitely wouldn't have many friends at all, and they would know that I wasn't a very nice person."

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

WHY DONT YOU PUT HIM IN CHARGE MAN...
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2016, 08:04:36 PM
Suburban Women Find Little to Like in Donald Trump's Debate Performance

Although not everybody's sold  :lol:

QuoteNot everyone thought Mr. Trump appeared unprepared for the White House.

Barb Haag, a retired teacher of the emotionally disturbed, said Mr. Trump's interruptions did not bother her. "Kids interrupt you all the time if they have a point to make," she said.

Now, now. You cropped the part of the quote where she said what she thought was positive about him that was under the ad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on September 27, 2016, 11:04:56 PM
So the apparent Trump supporter excuse is going to be that it was rigged, because Trump was asked about stuff like Birtherism and climate change denial but Hillary was not asked about Benghazi and her email.

It goes to show how effective this kind of propaganda is - people like Trump supporters, and even people who are faking not being Trump supporters under the guise of just not likeing Hillary, fall for this kind of equivalence.

A serious and intellectually honest moderator should vette his potential questions for relevance and basic factual accuracy. It would be a poor job on his part if he chose to ask questions about things he simply knew were objectively false, regardless of whether or not it would give him the appearance of objectivity at the expense of actual objectivity.

Of course she did get a question on emails and Trump spent a long time haranguing her on it. It is true Benghazi got barely no mentions but most of them were actually from Clinton!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Savonarola on September 27, 2016, 08:15:06 PM

Just don't put them in charge of coming up with plots for big budget motion pictures.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on September 27, 2016, 11:04:56 PM

It's certainly the line my sisters seem to take. Also, Hillary is the worst candidate in the history of forever, and is probably the spawn of satan, if not satan himself.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Yeah, "HE DIDN'T ASK HER ABOUT BENGHAZI EVERYTHING IS RIGGED!!!!!111" seems to be the line of thought of the few Trumpers I have in my FB.

You know, he could have asked her *himself*.

Razgovory

The Benghazi nuts need to be reminded what happened when Reagan tried to off Gaddafi.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

http://truepundit.com/media-bust-exact-script-of-lester-holts-plan-to-rig-presidential-debate-for-hillary-clinton-leaked-28-days-ago-to-true-pundit/

:lol: :bleeding:

QuoteMEDIA BUST: Exact Script of Lester Holt's Plan to Rig Presidential Debate for Hillary Clinton Leaked 28 Days Ago to True Pundit

Last night's first Presidential Debate of the 2016 election cycle between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump was 100% rigged to sabotage the Republican Presidential nominee. We can say that with definitive certainty. How? Well, we told you exactly what was going to go down at the debate 28 days ago, step by step. Almost tactic by tactic.

True Pundit, on August 30, published Confessions of a Former Hillary Clinton Campaign Operative, which unveiled the MSM's script for the debate strategy to minimize Trump via debate moderator. The fix was in weeks ago. We were the only media in the country to pinpoint how Monday's debate would be heavily manipulated in Clinton's favor at the expense of Trump. Yes, we're patting ourselves on the back. And yes, we said this all in August. True Pundit readers were quick to note on Twitter after the debate that Lester Holt did exactly what True Pundit predicted he would do a month ago via intelligence received from a former Clinton campaign guru:

*Hillary is already being coached for the Sept. 26 Presidential Debate. But the Democratic strategy is bizarre. Her handlers do not think she will respond well to stressful questions or rhetoric so Hillary is memorizing canned answers that may not even directly address the subject or question. Why is this a viable strategy? We're told this will work because the moderators will not redirect Clinton or cross examine her original answer to a question, regardless of her answer. This has been negotiated. So Hillary is free to pontificate without being called on her verbal nonsense, regardless of topic or content. Must be nice. You can bet no such agreement is in place for Trump.

"The debate is already stacked against the guy," the former operative said. "Hillary's lawyers already hammered out her ground rules before the debate questions were even formulated. It's a stacked deck. She knows the game and all the referees."

-Excerpt From True Pundit, August 30, 2016

So let's grade True Pundit's story from August, which also stated Clinton would not conduct a full press conference before the election and would not release her full medical records. Remember, this was published 13 days before Clinton collapsed in New York City. The original story said Clinton was sleeping 18 hours a day. Some days she slept more. Would anyone refute that intelligence now?

- Hillary memorized canned answers to topics: Correct Intel
- Spouted memorized answers did not always even correspond to the question: Correct Intel
- Moderator would not redirect Clinton or cross examine original answer, no matter how poorly she addressed it: Correct Intel
- Hillary was free to pontificate without being called on her verbal nonsense: Correct Intel
- You can bet no such agreement is in place for Trump: Correct Intel
- Hillary's handlers thought she would choke under stressful questions: Correct Intel
- Hillary would not release medical records: Correct Intel
- Hillary would not hold a press conference: Correct Intel
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Syt

Dunno, it's a story I saw linked on my brother in law's Facebook page.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

I do wish, and facebook sure makes it easier (as you can easily distribute to hundreds of people unlike with email), people wouldn't just trust any random website as a news source. Not that blogs haven't been good for democratizing points of view but man, such utter dreck gets out there.