News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Attack in Nice on July 14th

Started by Duque de Bragança, July 14, 2016, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2016, 06:34:01 PM

Otherwise, Le Pen would profit from it, I know. Still...

Because having a terrorist attack every three months or so on French soil - plus punctual murders like this police chief and his family murdered inside their own home by a lone wolf with a knife - would not benefit Le Pen at all already. Right.

Let's not kid ourselves, Le Pen will be a top contender next time around - racism or no racism.

Drakken

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 14, 2016, 08:21:57 PM
Death toll is up to 77  :cry:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/14/nice-bastille-day-france-attack-promenade-des-anglais-vehicle

Over 80 now.

The guy wasn't just driving through, he was shooting into the crowd while driving at top speed through the crowd for 2 kilometers.

derspiess

Even more horrific than most other recent attacks.  FFS, what's next?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2016, 09:07:42 PM
Even more horrific than most other recent attacks.  FFS, what's next?

Turning everyday transport into weapons is terrible, I guess that's part of the tactics, to get us to fear WTF is next?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

President Hollande has now made a public statement, extends state of emergency, calls up reserves, promises increased efforts in Iraq and Syria.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Lettow77

Increased efforts in Paris and Nice might have a better effect. 
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Grey Fox

I think it's time that the French Empire makes a return.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Drakken

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 09:12:43 PM
President Hollande has now made a public statement, extends state of emergency, calls up reserves, promises increased efforts in Iraq and Syria.

More of the usual.

The problem is, both French armed and police forces are already overextended over the French national soil and - frankly - getting close to exhaustion. Even when calling in all reservists, you cannot be there all the time, every time.

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2016, 09:20:10 PM

What would Napoleon I do?  :hmm:

Monoriu

Which French Empire?  The Napoleonic one or the post-WWI one? 

Drakken

Quote from: Monoriu on July 14, 2016, 09:23:01 PM
Which French Empire?  The Napoleonic one or the post-WWI one?

There is only one French Empire that counts - the real Imperial one.  :frog:

Siege

Fuckin double standards in languish.
This been happening for years in israel, but as long as the dead are israelis, who cares, eh?
Oh but now that nice french people are the victims, let's do something about vehicular terrorist attacks.

Palestinians have been running Israelis over for years. But the descendants of pigs, dogs and monkeys do not count.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 14, 2016, 06:03:02 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 14, 2016, 06:01:21 PM
I can't see what kind of security measures could have stopped an attack like this particular one, really.

You go and find everyone who has contact with ISIS propaganda and if they are not French citizens, you deport them immediately. If they are dual citizens, strip them of French citizenship and deport them immediately. If they are solely French citizens, send them for in-depth de-radicalization followed by permanent monitoring.

Said this many times, but who is counting?

Muslims are incapable of sharing live with other cultures. The only way is separation. They need to be expelled back to their countries. ALL of them, because of their unique ability of instant radicalization.

But what do i know....

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Grey Fox

Quote from: Siege on July 14, 2016, 09:24:40 PM
Fuckin double standards in languish.
This been happening for years in israel, but as long as the dead are israelis, who cares, eh?
Oh but now that nice french people are the victims, let's do something about vehicular terrorist attacks.

Palestinians have been running Israelis over for years. But the descendants of pigs, dogs and monkeys do not count.

If Israel could put its big pants on & simply annex the damn territories, we would care but no, they keep being scared little pussies so we will continue not give a shit.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Drakken on July 14, 2016, 09:22:16 PM

What would Napoleon I do?  :hmm:

Invade Russia.