And we're back!

Main Menu

Attack in Nice on July 14th

Started by Duque de Bragança, July 14, 2016, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

According to le figaro.fr

QuoteINFO LE FIGARO - L'auteur de l'attaque condamné en mars dernier
Selon notre journaliste Christophe Cornevin qui cite une source policière, l'auteur de l'attaque de Nice a été condamné dans une affaire de violence en mars dernier. Le Franco-Tunisien de 31 ans est connu pour des affaires de droit commun. Il est, de même source, inconnu des services de renseignement.

The perpetrator had a criminal record and was convicted last March. "Affaire de violence" is pretty vague, could be battery for all I know. All of this according to police sources. Dual citizenship, as said before.
Unknown from French intelligence services. This includes counter-terrorism I presume.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2016/07/15/01016-20160715LIVWWW00050-en-direct-nice-attentat-attaque.php

Crazy_Ivan80

lot's of people here with the heeby-jeebies given that "De Gentse Feesten" starts tonight and up a million people are expected during the event.

-------

I guess it's a blessing that truck didn't get any farther, towards where the concert was going on, and that it didn't explode with all those explosives that apparently were on board.

Zanza

I wonder if you can ever do anything against a sole perpetrator who maybe radicalized himself online or so and then uses something as common as a truck to commit a terror attack. I can't think of where you could detect him.

Grallon

Where are the Muslim lovers?  Have they started their litany of justifications yet?    <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

mongers

Quote from: Grallon on July 15, 2016, 06:38:34 AM
Where are the Muslim lovers?  Have they started their litany of justifications yet?    <_<

G.

Complaining that your own strawman got wet in the summer rains and won't now stand up.    :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on July 15, 2016, 06:35:30 AM
I wonder if you can ever do anything against a sole perpetrator who maybe radicalized himself online or so and then uses something as common as a truck to commit a terror attack. I can't think of where you could detect him.

I wouldn't be surprised if many such persons have posted on various message boards etc and likely aired... frustration with the West and its civilians.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Video of the firefight between the police and the terrorist driver now on French TV. Lorry was already stopped.

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on July 15, 2016, 06:50:21 AM
Quote from: Grallon on July 15, 2016, 06:38:34 AM

G.

Complaining that your own strawman got wet in the summer rains and won't now stand up.    :hmm:

:face:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on July 15, 2016, 02:21:59 AM
No true Muslim would carry out this horrible attack.

And ISIL is not Islamic.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Need to get an orthopedic surgeon in to help with the injuries caused by all the violent knee jerking in the thread.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Maladict

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 15, 2016, 10:15:03 AM
Need to get an orthopedic surgeon in to help with the injuries caused by all the violent knee jerking in the thread.

Not sure, they may have a point. I mean, I don't know many lorry drivers personally, but you hear stories.

derspiess

Could we get some examples of the knee-jerking?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Paris public prosecutor : 84 dead including 10 children, 50 people between life and death, 202 injured. #Nice

:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."