Zika, drugs, and medals: The Rio Olympics thread

Started by celedhring, July 02, 2016, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

I did notice the BBC morning show commentators prettty much handled Bolt's success as it was a British victory.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 15, 2016, 08:49:34 AM
I did notice the BBC morning show commentators prettty much handled Bolt's success as it was a British victory.

I know I feel that way about the Philippines. Ok not really.

Quote from: celedhring on August 15, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
I'm big on rooting for underdogs, and you just are never the underdog.

You know what we suck ass at? Weightlifting. Does America even lift bro?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

It's been top news in all Spanish media today too. Everybody loves Bolt. Gatlin is a perfect villain too.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on August 15, 2016, 08:52:30 AM
It's been top news in all Spanish media today too. Everybody loves Bolt. Gatlin is a perfect villain too.

Yeah Bolt is the new...um...has there ever been an athlete so universally popular?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 15, 2016, 08:57:53 AM
Georgia Tech are a bunch of nerds.

I remember their advertisement during their football games was some student who had programmed a robot to play their fight song. NERDS!!

Valmy

I find it funny, and maybe a little disturbing, that the result of my fanboying for Simone Biles of Facebook is I get all these ads intended for black women now.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2016, 09:01:37 AM
I find it funny, and maybe a little disturbing, that the result of my fanboying for Simone Biles of Facebook is I get all these ads intended for black women now.

I'm getting a "Favorite holiday destinations for gymnasts!" ad from Etihad. Seems a bit forced.  :hmm:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2016, 09:01:37 AM

Somebody is getting hair extensions!

DGuller

Speaking of Simone Biles, I just found one thing I'm slightly better at than her. :yeah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3ytVFM7ew

My shrieks aren't as high pitched in such situations.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2016, 09:31:50 AM
I'm taking DG's man card and ripping it up.
That's okay, I've got a whole stack of them. :yeah:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Gups on August 15, 2016, 08:34:57 AM
Really? Its always seemed a bit unrequited to me.  Everton fans hate Liverpool but most Liverpool fans quite like Everton is a bit of a patronising way.
I think out of town fans like Everton. Scouse Liverpool fans have plenty of hate for bitter blues because they're exposed to actually how bitter we are :lol:

But we are definitely their second rivalry, while they're our main one. I meant it's helpful in that there's so much material if your rivals are Liverpool. They're not as repulsive as Millwall but are probably the most deluded, needy, cultish team in the Premier League - especially now Newcastle have gone.
Let's bomb Russia!