Carl Pics Thread (Usual Garbon Warning)

Started by Malthus, July 01, 2009, 11:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2009, 10:43:43 AM
What monster?  :huh:
The eight legged furry monster of the outhouse.

Not the little kid, if that's what you thought.

Korea

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2009, 10:34:16 AM
Quote from: Korea on September 28, 2009, 10:25:05 AM
Oh geez thank you very much for freaking me the fuck out.

Heh, you'd looove the outhouse up there.  :D

It's made out of logs. A Dock Spider's natural habitat. You get spiders the size of saucers in there.   ;)

On one occasion, I noticed one moulting (shedding its skin) right over my head while I was ... occupied. It noticed me at the same time and angrily (or fearfully) *rattled its skin* at me.

Ugh....I'm not going to be right for the rest of the day.  :mad:
I want my mother fucking points!

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2009, 10:45:36 AM
The eight legged furry monster of the outhouse.

Sadly, I doubt Dock spiders appreciate peanuts. Or hands, for that matter.

Next year, if I find a good example, I'll try to get a pic of it next to something to indicate scale - it isn't easy to pose them, they move like greased lightning, as anyone who ever had one scamper across their bare foot on a dock can attest.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

On one occasion, I noticed one moulting (shedding its skin) right over my head while I was ... occupied. It noticed me at the same time and angrily (or fearfully) *rattled its skin* at me.
I guess it's not a bad thing if you're "occupied", but have your progress stalled.  Seeing that spider would surely get that progress going again for me.

Malthus

Heh Frenglish on a Laniel garbage container.  :D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Finally, a Carl pic. Putting Carl to work at the well.

Agelastus

Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2009, 10:53:22 AM
I guess it's not a bad thing if you're "occupied", but have your progress stalled.  Seeing that spider would surely get that progress going again for me.

:lmfao:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2009, 10:53:22 AM

The skin-shedding spider probably thought the same.  ;)

Jaron

My, what a handsome young man Carl is growing up into. Now aren't you glad you took my advice and kicked the cigarettes and lost some weight?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2009, 11:44:55 AM
Heh Frenglish on a Laniel garbage container.  :D

I guess it's payback for all the slaughtered french we usually get :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on September 28, 2009, 03:35:45 PM
I guess it's payback for all the slaughtered french we usually get :P

Heh no doubt.  :D

I will say this: rural northern Quebec, like rural northern Ontario, has some very desperate poverty.

We did a trip into Laniel, the first time my dad had been there in decades. There used to be a very nice thriving village there. It's mostly all gone. Now, Laniel looks like this:

I was partly expecting toothless pure laine rednecks to pop out and make poutine of us.  ;)

Though we did find a very friendly kitten there. Here she is, frolicking with Carl. 

Admiral Yi

Awesome job of weaving the photo into the plot Malthus.  :)

derspiess

Dang, Carl is getting big.  At which age exactly is it you can start making them do physical work?  :shifty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on September 28, 2009, 04:06:56 PM
Dang, Carl is getting big.  At which age exactly is it you can start making them do physical work?  :shifty:

Check your Aryan handbook. Twelve years for an Aryan, age three for a Jew or a Mohr.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

derspiess

Quote from: Jaron on September 28, 2009, 04:08:06 PM
Check your Aryan handbook. Twelve years for an Aryan, age three for a Jew or a Mohr.

Will do.  Now how soon did they put you out in the field?  I assume you started out picking fruit that was low to the ground?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall