And we're back!

Main Menu

Carl Pics Thread (Usual Garbon Warning)

Started by Malthus, July 01, 2009, 11:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on September 30, 2009, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 30, 2009, 02:41:26 PM
I had mushrooms in a restaurant for dinner tonight, and I couldn't help but think of this thread and my liver as I ate.  I consider this your fault, Malthus  :mad:

;)

The symptoms take up to 36 hours to manifest themselves.  ;)

Mono, we hardly knew thee.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Cerr

Quote from: Malthus on September 29, 2009, 10:02:49 AM
It doesn't much matter, as they are equally deadly. They are a very ggod reason why "mushroom picking" should be confined to those species you absolutely know are edible ...
All mushrooms are inedible.  :x

DGuller

Quote from: Cerr on September 30, 2009, 03:24:17 PM
It doesn't much matter, as they are equally deadly. They are a very ggod reason why "mushroom picking" should be confined to those species you absolutely know are edible ...
In my experience, the mushrooms that you can eat safely are generally edible.

Monoriu

Quote from: Cerr on September 30, 2009, 03:24:17 PM

Me = mushroom lover

Malthus

I love mushrooms too - yum.  :)

Unfortunately, apparently you can't tell the poisionous ones by bad taste - the Death Angel is, allegedly, very tasty.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Korea

Quote from: Malthus on September 30, 2009, 12:52:29 PM
Quote from: Korea on September 30, 2009, 11:20:30 AM
And this was just a stray cat?

I dunno. It wasn't afraid of people at all and it looked in very good condition, so my guess is that it is an outdoor house-cat.

Oh. :)
I want my mother fucking points!

Malthus

Some new ones, a couple of years later, from my brother's wedding:

Getting the boy ready:

In his full outfit:

The whole wedding party:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Man the little guy has really shot up since you were tossing him in the air in your fur bra.

Richard Hakluyt

The odd thing, from my pov, is that Malthus is the spitting image of an optician and SF fan that I knew in my Brighton days  :huh:

Jacob

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 09, 2011, 05:33:21 PM
The odd thing, from my pov, is that Malthus is the spitting image of an optician and SF fan that I knew in my Brighton days  :huh:

He looks like a Nazi scientist to me.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 09, 2011, 05:33:21 PM

Actually, he looks a lot like a chubbier version of a coworker of mine - they could be brothers, almost twins.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus