Explosions at Zaventem Airport (Brussels airport)/Brussels metro

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 22, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Jaron on March 27, 2016, 09:34:01 PM
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mormon-missionaries-injured-belgium-explosion

Mormon casualties. :(

On the good side, they can baptize the suicide bombers that died trying to kill them, declare their mission a success, and return home early. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

1 Your past history of adopting poses for comic value
2 I like to think you have too much sense for that
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2016, 10:01:16 PM
1 Your past history of adopting poses for comic value
2 I like to think you have too much sense for that

1 True
2 As I get older and closer to death, I let fear of non existence overwhelm my logical side and accept that since I can't disprove God then perhaps I should listen to the message of his standard bearers. And with the Mormons, I like what I hear. They're non smokers, like me. They hate loud parties like me. They don't drink and I don't drink. Their women are hot AF. What's not to like? I totally opt out of that 10% of my income shiz though.

alfred russel

I've heard that there is an abundance of mormon women vs. mormon men because going on a mission sucks so lots of guys ditch the religion when they become adults.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Jaron

Quote from: alfred russel on March 27, 2016, 10:27:13 PM
I've heard that there is an abundance of mormon women vs. mormon men because going on a mission sucks so lots of guys ditch the religion when they become adults.

I don't know if that's true. They go on a mission around 19, come back at 21 and get ALL the young ladies lined up. I have heard its nice for guys in that age range who don't go on missions though because for awhile they have a monopoly on the late teen/early 20 something demographic.

Valmy

I do not get the relevance of the drinking/smoking/partying thing. Even if those things are not BANNED BECAUSE GOD you generally do not do those things when carrying out the religion :P

But the women being hot thing, well that is all you needed to say dude.

Generally I do not like religions that claim they have all the answers and it is run by a secret committee of assholes. But hey the hot chicks thing makes up for that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2016, 10:30:47 PM
I do not get the relevance of the drinking/smoking/partying thing. Even if those things are not BANNED BECAUSE GOD you generally do not do those things when carrying out the religion :P

But the women being hot thing, well that is all you needed to say dude.

Generally I do not like religions that claim they have all the answers and it is run by a secret committee of assholes. But hey the hot chicks thing makes up for that.

I mean you can drink and be a catholic. You can smoke and be a protestant. I don't like doing those things or feeling pressured to.

I like the focus of the Mormons on the purity of soul and body. IF we ever formed our own militias again, we'd be formidable opponents. We have enough guns and food stored to last centuries.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on March 27, 2016, 10:35:49 PM
I mean you can drink and be a catholic. You can smoke and be a protestant. I don't like doing those things or feeling pressured to.

I like the focus of the Mormons on the purity of soul and body. IF we ever formed our own militias again, we'd be formidable opponents. We have enough guns and food stored to last centuries.

How is allowing others to do so being pressured to do so? Why do you need everybody to be forbidden from doing something?

Sure focusing on clean living is nice. But logic and common sense show you that plenty of very spiritual and noble people drink and smoke and God is not smiting them down as impure. Just a committee of jerks who run Mormonism claims so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2016, 10:39:11 PM
Quote from: Jaron on March 27, 2016, 10:35:49 PM

How is allowing others to do so being pressured to do so? Why do you need everybody to be forbidden from doing something?

Sure focusing on clean living is nice. But logic and common sense show you that plenty of very spiritual and noble people drink and smoke and God is not smiting them down as impure. Just a committee of jerks who run Mormonism claims so.

Its not really about forbidding. Its about being with a group you fit in with. A culture that has the same morals as you do. I don't care if others drink or smoke, but its nice to have friends and comrades who like to throw some dice or play board games with you and not want to hit the clubs or bars. I stick out like a sore thumb there.

alfred russel

Catholicism is the best. You can smoke, and drinking is from a cultural standpoint basically mandatory. You just can't eat meat on Fridays, use contraception, have abortions, or have sex outside of marriage*.

*You can do all these things, but you have to go to confession afterward**.

**No one goes to confession. Proceed as you see fit. Just don't talk too loudly about the abortions you had or financed.

Camerus

I believe Utah also has high levels of fraud by US standards - especially trolling phone scams.   :alberta:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

An interesting story about one of the suspects:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/27/belgian-police-dna-role-faycal-cheffou-brussels-airport-attacks

QuoteCheffou was known to police. Aged 18, he served a prison sentence in 2003 for criminal association and complicity to murder, Reuters reported. The Belgian website SudInfo reported that in the case a weapon found at Cheffou's house by a friend had led to an incident in which another friend was killed.

Cheffou had reportedly become increasingly radicalised in recent years and had been flagged up by charities working with asylum seekers in Brussels late last year after he had attempted to recruit asylum seekers from a park where they were sheltering in tents.

The Brussels mayor, Yvan Mayer, said authorities had stopped Cheffou several times when he was trying to encourage young men camping in the park to turn to radical extremism. The mayor said he was a dangerous man and had eventually been banned from visiting the park.

Former volunteers who worked with asylum seekers in the park described Cheffou to the Belgian paper Le Soir as "aggressive" and someone who "liked power".

QuoteThe Belgian newspaper La Capitale reported that in 2002 Cheffou's brother, Karim, was shot dead by Schaerbeek police while they attempted to arrest him. Karim had been wanted for several robberies, and a search of his home revealed a Kalashnikov and a bag full of grenades.

Wow, if this is true, Belgium is a fat joke. But then I suspect other Western European countries would have probably not deported the guy either, fearing they might appear "somewhat racist".