Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Maladict

Richard Hakluyt

There is a definite possibility that, if Baldric had been PM back in 2016, he would not have fucked-up so comprehensively as Cameron.

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 23, 2018, 03:31:56 AM
There is a definite possibility that, if Baldric had been PM back in 2016, he would not have fucked-up so comprehensively as Cameron.

He would have come up with a more cunning plan, that is for sure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

It's too bad they did not make BoJo PM in 2016. That would have discredited the Brexiteers much more than May masochistically trying to square the circle.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 22, 2018, 09:47:06 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 22, 2018, 09:32:59 AM
Is Mr Herpes the dick shaped clown a kids show thing, or did they just invent him for this segment?

I'd guess the people posting the picture are suggesting the stupidity of Brexit and the politics/negotiations can just as well be explained by a plastic mascot as by anyone else?

Perhaps they're alluding to Danny Dyer's contribution to the debate?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/29/twat-danny-dyer-cuts-through-the-brexit-bluster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Blobby

QuoteMr Blobby is a character featured on Noel Edmonds' Saturday night variety BBC television show Noel's House Party, portrayed by Barry Killerby, and was the brainchild of British comedy writer Charlie Adams, a writer for the show. A bulbous pink figure covered with yellow spots, he has a permanent toothy grin and jiggling eyes. Mr Blobby communicates only by saying the word "blobby" in an electronically altered voice, expressing his moods through tone of voice and repetition. He topped the UK Singles Chart with the 1993 Christmas release "Mr Blobby".

There was that reporter (I think someone linked to) who was being asked as a political commentator on what the revealed Brexit stuff meant. He said that they'd be just as well asking Mr. Blobby.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 23, 2018, 03:31:56 AM

Blackadder Version? Or Blackadder II, III and beyond version?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

The Brain

Oh come on Baldrick, you're going to be a PM for God's sake! I'll just put fraud and sexual deviancy...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote"There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside."

David Davis

10 October 2016

"Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy – the UK holds most of the cards."

John Redwood

July 17 2016

"The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history."

Liam Fox

20 July 2017

"We're not really interested in a transition deal, but we'll consider one to be kind to the EU."

David Davis

15 November 2016

(lol)

"I believe that we can get a free trade and customs agreement concluded before March 2019."

David Davis

18 January 2017

"Indeed, [a trade deal] would take significantly less than two years. We hold all the cards. We will offer them a deal in response to their pleas for help."

Patrick Minford

14 June 2016

"I am not worried about transitional arrangements. I am prepared to take the economic hit to secure the economic benefits of not being inside the Single Market and being outside the Customs Union. I simply want... a quickie divorce." 

Michael Gove

17 November 2016

"We are going to get a deal which is of huge value and possibly of greater value."

Boris Johnson

16 November 2016

"Within two years, before the negotiation with the EU is likely to be complete, we can negotiate a free trade area massively larger than the EU. The new trade agreements will come into force at the point of exit, but they will be fully negotiated."

David Davis

14 July 2016

"Trade relations with the EU could be sorted out in an afternoon over a cup of coffee." 

Gerard Batten

17 February 2017

"Within minutes of a vote for Brexit, CEOs would be knocking down Chancellor Merkel's door demanding access to the British market."

David Davis 

4 February 2016

"The cost of getting out would be virtually nil and the cost of staying in would be very high."

Boris Johnson   6 March 2016

"I think we could very easily get a better trade deal than we have at the moment."

Douglas Carswell

8 June 2016

"All David Davis needs to say to is: listen guys free trade or WTO?" 

Tim Martin   2 January 2017

"It will be easy to negotiate a trade deal. It's in the EU's interests." 

Paul Nutall 

17 January 2017

"Nobody ever pretended this would be simple or easy."

David Davis 

5 September 2017

And this by David Davis last week deserves pride of place on the thread: 

"If we need to leave with no deal and negotiate a free trade agreement during the transition period, so be it."
:bowler: :nelson: Pathetic bunch...

Valmy

The EU regularly makes giant American internationals bend to their will, they are no pushovers. Those are pretty delusional quotes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

At least the chief brexiters will have a secure livelihood once they are drummed out of British politics; they are all shoo-ins as salesmen of alternative medicines.

celedhring

So, can May get this passed or is it dead in the water?

Josquius

Nobody likes it thats for sure.

But it depends how many of the brexiters can be convinced its this or nothing and/or how many remainers can be convinced its this or no deal.

Plus of course how many politicians are arse holes who don't care about the country and can be bought.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

German website joked, "Surprising solution in Brexit conflict - Northern Ireland becomes Spanish!"

Wouldn't really surprise me at this point. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on November 25, 2018, 04:15:37 PM
German website joked, "Surprising solution in Brexit conflict - Northern Ireland becomes Spanish!"

I don't think people here dislike the Spanish enough, to inflict that on them.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PJL

Quote from: Syt on November 25, 2018, 04:15:37 PM

Honestly, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if the deal got voted through by a narrow majority due to Sinn Fein taking up their seats and voting for it.