Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2016, 01:30:00 PM
Confusion over Hellas/Greece is perhaps understandable

Yes, but is it in the "Europeon Union"?

Valmy

Maybe he regards all citizens of the EU to be peons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on November 03, 2016, 01:16:37 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 03, 2016, 12:32:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbFhlfnJep0
I like that much more than the Downfall Hitler. I have no idea what he's talking about but his laughing sure is contagious.

I hate it, since I can understand what he says and throws me off when reading the subtitles  :lol: I guess that happened to you re: Downfall.

Zanza

If I really concentrate, I understand maybe a quarter or so of what they talk about. Something about his job or so and that he never really worked and then something about a cook and restaurant or so.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Something about only working one year in the last 45.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2016, 03:09:51 PM

So, typical Spaniard.

Valmy

Well they do have a 20+% unemployment rate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Gups

Good to see the usual nuanced and proportionate approach from the British press

Meanwhile, the Daily Express takes an even more calm and measured view.

"TODAY this country faces a crisis as grave as anything since the dark days when Churchill vowed we would fight them on the beaches."

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2016, 03:09:51 PM

Actually seven. The area he comes from has the highest unemployment in all Spain, so it ain't that surprising.

He goes on a tirade about a semi-funny anecdote when he worked at a beach restaurant and he was ordered to wash some pans in the seawater, and the tide rose and engulfed them.

Richard Hakluyt

It is as if we get our papers delivered from a parallel dimension or alternative reality. Are these really the sorts of thoughts seething under the calm exteriors of our compatriots?

garbon

So they are enemies of Democracy because they assert that Parliament needs to have a say - the PM can't just act unilaterally?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

When the far right invokes the allied side of WW2: :ultra:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2016, 03:35:23 AM
So they are enemies of Democracy because they assert that Parliament needs to have a say - the PM can't just act unilaterally?

Only direct democracy is real democracy*!!!!!1111

*As long as they vote what I like