Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Sheilbh

:lol: I was just thinking that Labour were finally sounding appropriately ambitious and reforming on planning.

I think the fiscal stuff is a bit of a distraction to be honest. It all depends on a Chancellor's "fiscal rules" which people are taking far too seriously. And the IFS have been a bit mad and not very helpful in this election. I suspect that Tory tax plans - raising taxes to the highest level in 80 years - will broadly be sufficient with some fiddling round the edges like VAT on private schools.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

I'm away now (voted by post) but on leaflets I'd had three from Labour, one Lib Dem and one Reform.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I had one Labour one handed to me by an activist / whatever whom I told no need to convince me, a Reform one, and something that looked like a local flavour of Reform.

Josquius

I've had labour, reform, greens, today in the post the lib dems, and two communist Party ones.
Lots of leaflets.
No door knockers.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Were you in the house when the leaflets arrived? They're normally delivered by door knockers (some are central mail-outs).
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 01, 2024, 03:09:34 PMWere you in the house when the leaflets arrived? They're normally delivered by door knockers (some are central mail-outs).

I was in yeah, round the back though. But my doorbell is audible. If it was a door knocker they must have judged I wasn't home and not bothered.
██████
██████
██████